4840 Problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wec101

WE recently bought a used 4840. Very pleased with it except two things. Every once in a while the lights on the panel ALL light up and then it bogs down for just a few seconds. Secondly, when I put the loader on "float" every once in a while it bogs down like it is trying to run the hydraulics and is fighting itself pulling the engine down. Any advice???????

Land-Tech

If you haven't check out what those butons do on your sticks do, go to a dealer and find out. I have only a two speed rocker switch on my 5635 ,no other buttons. My bobcat excavator has aux hydralic controls on the right stick that change modes for the thumb. Are you hitting one of thse buttons as you push down to float?My high flow hyd are next to right leg, mounted on the chain case.The new series might be on the stick. The only time all the dash lights come on is when the engine is off or dies with key on. maybe a loose connection,bad switch. Does the machine have a computer. Mine doesn't but you have a newer series. If it was part of the interlock it would lock up your brakes. Just thowing out ideas. scott