453 excavator operation - help!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hozdawg

Ok - don't be too hard on me - I bot this two or three years ago and have never used it - lost the user operation manual. My question is - what is the purpose of the orange spring loaded foot switch on the floor - the machine seems to operate the same whether it is depressing the switch or not - thanks all

Tazza

Staff member
Could that be the park brake? it may not be operational though as it moves either way.

mahans7

Could that be the park brake? it may not be operational though as it moves either way.
Can you take a couple of pictures? If you can't post them, look up my profile and email them to me and I'll post them. I don't want to lose my picture posting skills.

Surely you can find something to dig or clean up with your 453. I just finished my neighbors backyard which had not been mowed in 30 years, they love it and so do the other neighbors. It looks good now. These guys here are going to help you get it going if you need that.

Katoh

Can you take a couple of pictures? If you can't post them, look up my profile and email them to me and I'll post them. I don't want to lose my picture posting skills.

Surely you can find something to dig or clean up with your 453. I just finished my neighbors backyard which had not been mowed in 30 years, they love it and so do the other neighbors. It looks good now. These guys here are going to help you get it going if you need that.
G'Day mahans7
the lever that you talk about should be a park brake, when the lever is in the up position you go, down you can move the arms and bucket but it wont move, well it should not move. If it does do you have your overide on by any chance?
Good Luck