443 tracks?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ubique631

does anyone know if I can fit tracks to my bobcat 443 and why do the front tyres and rear tyres face opposite directions?

jerry

If you go to any of the track manufacturers sites they will have a chart showing applications and whether or not you will need wheel spacers.
If you do, all the spacers I found were made in china and the best deal was on e-bay. Also if you buy used tracks most manufacturers sites have instructions on how to mount them. If you do it right it is just a one man job and doesn't take too long.

OldMachinist

If you go to any of the track manufacturers sites they will have a chart showing applications and whether or not you will need wheel spacers.
If you do, all the spacers I found were made in china and the best deal was on e-bay. Also if you buy used tracks most manufacturers sites have instructions on how to mount them. If you do it right it is just a one man job and doesn't take too long.
I have 2 sets of steel over the tire tracks for my 453(same wheelbase as the 443). A set of Loegering's for the 23 x 8.50 - 12 tires and a set of Grouser's for the 5.70 - 12. The Loegering's don't require spacers, the Grouser's should have spacers but I just flip the wheels around to get enough room. Here's a picture of the Grouser's. I'll have to do a little searching to see if I have a picture of the Loegering's mounted.

photo DSCF1084.jpg

You'll have to check with the manufacturers to see if they make them for these small machines any more.
Installation is a bit labor intensive but can be done by one person in 1 hour or less after you've done it a few times.

jerry

I have found that on hard gravel the grouser tracks I have will jiggle your teeth out but they are great for traction in the muck. If doing it again I think I'd get either tracks plus or loegering with more of a flat pad for smoother ride and less damage to the grassy areas. The bobcat dealer here carries the parts for the grousers which is handy.

OldMachinist

I have found that on hard gravel the grouser tracks I have will jiggle your teeth out but they are great for traction in the muck. If doing it again I think I'd get either tracks plus or loegering with more of a flat pad for smoother ride and less damage to the grassy areas. The bobcat dealer here carries the parts for the grousers which is handy.
Yes, the Grouser tracks will rattle your teeth on hard surfaces. I use them when the ground is very soft from late fall thru the spring. They do make ruts and tear up the ground when turning.
During the summer months I normally just run on the tires.
Then in late summer and early fall I put the Loegering tracks on when I'm in the woods cutting trees for firewood. These wider tracks provide good flotation and traction on the leaf covered forest floor without rutting it up too much. They don't do as well as the Grouser's if you get into deep mud because the tires will spin inside them when they get mud packed.