443 Concrete Breaker

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlschaan

I purchased a Stanley Breaker BR85 on ebay for my 443B. Fabricated a mount, bought hoses and mounted it. It worked 5 min then died. Had it tuned, worked 5 more minutes and died. Took it back and the repair guy removed the pressure adjuster, replaced it and it worked again - for 5 minutes. When it worked, it worked well at partial throttle. Is there something about the 443 that is causing the failure or should I be looking for a newer hammer. So far I've only about $600 invested and to get a BOBCAT model I'd spend several $1000. Any hints - places to look, things to check?

StuZ

I'm not sure I understand the problem ?? Is it the breaker that he is rebuilding or the skid loader ?? Does he have another Bobcat to mount it on and try it ?? Has he flowrated the hyd. system ?? Does the breaker have nitrogen in it ??

OP
OP
D

dlschaan

I'm not sure I understand the problem ?? Is it the breaker that he is rebuilding or the skid loader ?? Does he have another Bobcat to mount it on and try it ?? Has he flowrated the hyd. system ?? Does the breaker have nitrogen in it ??
The Bobcat hydrualics have not been flow tested however they drive a trencher that digs deep if not fast. I ran the trencher for 10 minutes with no slowdown. I tried the breaker again. The breaker just came from the repair guy (who is not a breaker service tech) (non in town), and he had it working for several minutes with only about 500 psi. I took it home, hooked it up and after 5 min of good work, it started to slow in in 15 seconds, no more hammering. Based on working with the trencher, the Bobcat flow and pressure seem satisfactory even if not a lot. But it boggles my mind that if the hammer works at partial throttle, why does it all of a sudden want to quit? Or is a hammer sensitive to flow and pressure and while it works for awhile, will it then overload it internally? BTW, based on it working at the hyd shop, there must be nitrogen in it and he did recharge on an earlier visit. Thanks for any ideas.

Eric

The Bobcat hydrualics have not been flow tested however they drive a trencher that digs deep if not fast. I ran the trencher for 10 minutes with no slowdown. I tried the breaker again. The breaker just came from the repair guy (who is not a breaker service tech) (non in town), and he had it working for several minutes with only about 500 psi. I took it home, hooked it up and after 5 min of good work, it started to slow in in 15 seconds, no more hammering. Based on working with the trencher, the Bobcat flow and pressure seem satisfactory even if not a lot. But it boggles my mind that if the hammer works at partial throttle, why does it all of a sudden want to quit? Or is a hammer sensitive to flow and pressure and while it works for awhile, will it then overload it internally? BTW, based on it working at the hyd shop, there must be nitrogen in it and he did recharge on an earlier visit. Thanks for any ideas.
Maybe heat is affecting something inside. Warms up in 5 minutes, something is responding to the heat, and making it stop. I know this is why they use nitrogen to charge. This gas does not expand when introduced to heat. Just an idea. I dont know very much about the inerds of breakers but I do run them very often. Good luck.