442 service information please

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

goosehunta

I am looking for information on adjusting the parking brake on my machine or at least where to look at the parking brake. it does not hold the machine running or not. Also sometimes while using and turning I can hear something that sounds like a chain possably jumping. I have only had this machine a short time and it had sit for several years not running when I got it. it had some electrical issues and would not start. once I took care of all the wiring which was chewed up by squirrels and replaced the bad battery it started up. that's when I found a massive hydraulic leak in the steel bent line that goes under the engine. couldn't find the replacement so I had a hose made at a hydraulic shop. then replaced the dead alternator. changed the oil, filter and fuel filter and air filter. last things to take care of is: parking brake broken exhaust system replace s few bad looking hoses new seat and sliders. I cant complain too much because I got a good deal on a non running machine. it only has 1900 hours on it. came with a smooth bucket and a fork attachment. wish I had a digging bucket with teeth. thanks for any help you could provide.