440b dash warning lights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dhanson94

I bought a 440b a few months ago, but now one of the warning lights on the dash came on. There's no symbol because the lens is broken out. Best I can tell from tracing the wires is this goes to the charge pressure switch? Everything seems to operate like normal though. The only thing that changed before the light came on was that a potential buyer actuated the auxiliary controls with nothing hooked up, I then had to add about 2 quarts of hydro fluid. Is it possible that some air got introduced and now it's not sensing the charge pressure? I haven't run the machine very long since the light came on since I wasnt certain what it was. Any expertise on these would be greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
If you traced it to the pressure sender, it could be bad, the filter could be plugged. The other light should be engine oil pressure. It should be on before you start, then off when it has started.
I'd start by removing the sender and installing a 200psi pressure gauge and see what the charge pressure really is. If it's 90-120psi, you just need a new sender. Very common to fail.
I don't see the aux incident being a problem, the system self bleeds, even a little air, the charge pressure would be ok.