246 Engine Oil Pressure Light Not Working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hi to All, Currently I have In the Shop a " 246C Diesel powered 4 cylinder Wheeled Kiittyy When go to start, First , Key Position "ON" ( Not Start yet ) All the Lights are "ON / Self Test " -- This is OK , ( a Few Seconds pass ) All the Lights go Out , Except the " Park Brake and the Hydraulic Lock - Light ( This Is OK ) There Is No "" No ,,, Oil Pressure Warning LIGHT !!!!""" I have no Trouble / Falt Codes , Everything else Works Properly . The engine has good oil pressure ( Installed a Mechcanical test Gauge to check )... The " Oil Pressure Switch is good , The Engine Wire Harnesss Is Good ( From engine To ECM ) , the cab wire harness Is Good ( From ECM to Left Monitor Panel ) IF I have the key -on And jumper wire the Oil pressure switch wire To battery Ground ( Still No- Light ! ) Now , START Engine ,, Ground the oill pressure switch Wire to the Frame ( Or Anywhere , Battery ) Wait 20- 30 Seconds , the warning light and that Oil Pressure COMES On !!!!!! This dose not Seem RIGHT, All The Other Skid-s Work fine ..... Any ideas ??? Thanks , Later, Mark K. High Point , N.C. USA

Tazza

Staff member
While reading i was thinging sender, then you said it was good, then i thought bulb, but it works too.... I assume the ECU controls all of these? Bad battery/alternator causing voltage spoes making the ECU go crazy?