240 Hydrostatic motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LLC

What would cause the Hydrostatic case drain to have high pressure out of the drive motor and blow the return hose? It has well over 100 psi . Everything operates like it should. Thanks

7LBSSMALLIE

internal leakage in motors the only thing i can think of.not famillar with the240/ but it has to be the same one in one out one case drain.hi to low low leak sypmtons should be apprent fwd to rev should be dffernt. left to right same. are we talking one side one direction? isolate identify repair.

Tazza

Staff member
internal leakage in motors the only thing i can think of.not famillar with the240/ but it has to be the same one in one out one case drain.hi to low low leak sypmtons should be apprent fwd to rev should be dffernt. left to right same. are we talking one side one direction? isolate identify repair.
So, you have over 100PSI in the hose from the motor? or did you install a gauge in the case drain port as a plug?
Are there any filters up stream from the hose? if its plugged, it will give excessive back pressure too.

7LBSSMALLIE

further thoughts bring me to inspect the shuttle. spool more than likley the cas if no drive symptons this shoud provide flushing and cooling to any motor devised by man, opening a path to drain .if not functioning . seeing 5000 plus. more than that small hose can accomadte, would explain.

7LBSSMALLIE

further thoughts bring me to inspect the shuttle. spool more than likley the cas if no drive symptons this shoud provide flushing and cooling to any motor devised by man, opening a path to drain .if not functioning . seeing 5000 plus. more than that small hose can accomadte, would explain.
that is a rare failure, but bears further investagatin, i know of know way nother thann visual inspection

7LBSSMALLIE

come on tazz you got anything?
to get this straight you have a unit blowing the small case drain line from motor, back to tank or back to to stat is left or right or fwd or rev or both,without a scmatic its hard to say,if my jd memory serveve it should feed back to stat. i would lean towaeds blown motor seals. but leaning is not what we do.(for the most part)

OP
OP
L

LLC

to get this straight you have a unit blowing the small case drain line from motor, back to tank or back to to stat is left or right or fwd or rev or both,without a scmatic its hard to say,if my jd memory serveve it should feed back to stat. i would lean towaeds blown motor seals. but leaning is not what we do.(for the most part)
it is the left side that is a 1/2 hose that is held on with hose clamps that goes from the left hand motor to the left hand side of the pump . I put a gauge in the hose had no pressure out of the pump. When i put it on the motor it pegged the gauge instantly which i suppose aint the correct way to do it by capping off the end it goin to build up pressure . It drives and operates fine. I does squeal when you are using the aux. hydrualics when the cylinder gets to the end of the stroke

OP
OP
L

LLC

it is the left side that is a 1/2 hose that is held on with hose clamps that goes from the left hand motor to the left hand side of the pump . I put a gauge in the hose had no pressure out of the pump. When i put it on the motor it pegged the gauge instantly which i suppose aint the correct way to do it by capping off the end it goin to build up pressure . It drives and operates fine. I does squeal when you are using the aux. hydrualics when the cylinder gets to the end of the stroke
it is number 8
TX1054423______UN14JAN09.gif

OP
OP
L

LLC

it is number 8
I called the dealer we got it from which was a month ago . He thought they had a skidloader that may have had the wrong hose put on it . I tee'd a gauge in the left and right side hoses and they both read around 150 psi.I guess i'll see tommorow when i get the new hose.
Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I called the dealer we got it from which was a month ago . He thought they had a skidloader that may have had the wrong hose put on it . I tee'd a gauge in the left and right side hoses and they both read around 150 psi.I guess i'll see tommorow when i get the new hose.
Thanks
Looking at the diagram, it should be at charge pressure, which is about 90-120 PSI. So your reading of 100 is about right.
I don't like how those hoses are held on.... Just a clamp in a hose with oil in it, i can't see it being really reliable. But it obviously works, or mostly works :)
Hopefully the new hose will cure it all. Most other machines used hydraulic hoses that are crimped, they never blow, but they can leak from age as the rubber splits.