240 block heater.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JD4440

Seen a new thread on an S185 and reminded me. Our JD 240 won't even think about starting when its below freezing; I was under the impression it had glow plugs but it still won't hardly even turn over more than a few times. I haven't seen a plug for a heater so I assume they're not all factory equipped? I definitely need one as it's needed spur of the moment when we get a bad snow (not too often)

Tazza

Staff member
Other have used a tarp and space heater.
There are magnetic ones that stick to the sump and will help warm the engine up.

OP
OP
JD4440

JD4440

Other have used a tarp and space heater.
There are magnetic ones that stick to the sump and will help warm the engine up.
No chance on the tarp and space heater here. When it's needed for snow removal the Landscaper woman uses it and she does good some days to remember to breathe :-(

skidsteer.ca

No chance on the tarp and space heater here. When it's needed for snow removal the Landscaper woman uses it and she does good some days to remember to breathe :-(
Go to http://phillipsandtemro.com/userfiles//2011_Zerostart_Catalog.pdf
on page 51 there is one listed for a 250 jd which uses the same engine as the 240 (I think).

It is part number 3500089
They are definetly available for these loaders, the dealers would have them too at 3x the price likely.
I can't help with the brain transplant, sorry :)
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
JD4440

JD4440

Go to http://phillipsandtemro.com/userfiles//2011_Zerostart_Catalog.pdf
on page 51 there is one listed for a 250 jd which uses the same engine as the 240 (I think).

It is part number 3500089
They are definetly available for these loaders, the dealers would have them too at 3x the price likely.
I can't help with the brain transplant, sorry :)
Skidsteer.ca
I can't find them for sale online. Do I have to call and order from them ?

OP
OP
JD4440

JD4440

I can't find them for sale online. Do I have to call and order from them ?
What about "Kat's" heaters ? Kat's has a factory here. There are even magnetic heaters on the site. Gives me an idea for heating my trans on my Duramax.

skidsteer.ca

What about "Kat's" heaters ? Kat's has a factory here. There are even magnetic heaters on the site. Gives me an idea for heating my trans on my Duramax.
Walk into your local auto parts store and see if they list your machineor if they can cross that part number to their brand of block heaters.
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
JD4440

JD4440

Walk into your local auto parts store and see if they list your machineor if they can cross that part number to their brand of block heaters.
Skidsteer.ca
When I called today the guy at NAPA told me they just went by the KAT'S factory and picked them up ther when they needed one. I had to have a 1" x 3/4" reducer bushing but other than that I may have lost a pint of coolant and all is good. Thank You, Chris

skidsteer.ca

When I called today the guy at NAPA told me they just went by the KAT'S factory and picked them up ther when they needed one. I had to have a 1" x 3/4" reducer bushing but other than that I may have lost a pint of coolant and all is good. Thank You, Chris
When you say 1 by 3/4" is that pipe thread then ( or NPT ) and the block heater screws in on those machine?