2050 parking brake locking up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mongo

Hi guys, no here, so bear with me. We have a 2050, that has been having intermittent problems with the parking brake. The machine will run fine all day, while using the brake and control locks all day, then it will just pick the worst moment not to unlock. The boom still moves up and down, but on both sides, the wheels are locked up. Both switches have been replaced, I don't remember if the timer was replaced yet, fuses are good, and the small black box with the 35amp fuse in the engine compartment was also replaced for another issue. Through my searching, I have heard the brake solenoids could be an issue. I believe they are in the case under the seat, correct? Like I said, it just picks and chooses when it wants to do it. It has been shut off with no problems, and then won't move the next day. It has stopped during the middle of a workday, and has unlocked after sitting for about 15mins. Has anyone had these issues before, and if so, what have you found to be the problems? Thanks.

farmshop

Check chain case oil level. We had a 2044 that the drive mother leaked into the chain case and pumped up the break not realeasing

nitro3421

My 2070 had what sounds like the same problem and after YEARS of messing around with it, it was finally diagnosed with a bad interlock control module. No issues since then over a year ago.

Mustang Guy

My 2070 had what sounds like the same problem and after YEARS of messing around with it, it was finally diagnosed with a bad interlock control module. No issues since then over a year ago.
I'm currently experiencing a similar issue with my 2040. My timer blew. All the switches were good and finally got it to start and run continuously by removing the timer altogether, and everything works except the brakes won't release. Since the timer functions with the brake solenoid, I'm suspecting that the brake solenoid failed to a direct short and blew the timer.

OP
OP
M

mongo

Maybe a dumb question, but where is this part located?

OP
OP
M

mongo

The newer machines like the 2054 it is in the cab by the fuse panel
Just wanted to give an update. The machine went in, got a new seat belt, and they called it fixed. Tearing out the next driveway with it, it locks up, and ends our day. The mechanic heads out, gets there, fires it up, and it is working fine again, can't figure anything out, unless it's locked. Fast forward a few weeks. I'm running it when it locks up again. I grab the upper half of the wiring harness in the cab, give it a shake, and it immediately goes back to normal. Waiting now for a day to pull it apart, and find my problem wire/connection. Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future, because this thing was ready to be sold. Love the 2050, but man, this was getting frustrating.

nitro3421

Just wanted to give an update. The machine went in, got a new seat belt, and they called it fixed. Tearing out the next driveway with it, it locks up, and ends our day. The mechanic heads out, gets there, fires it up, and it is working fine again, can't figure anything out, unless it's locked. Fast forward a few weeks. I'm running it when it locks up again. I grab the upper half of the wiring harness in the cab, give it a shake, and it immediately goes back to normal. Waiting now for a day to pull it apart, and find my problem wire/connection. Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future, because this thing was ready to be sold. Love the 2050, but man, this was getting frustrating.
Were you ever able to diagnose this? Sounds like the exact symptoms I had on my 2070. The interlock control module replacement did the trick. No locking up issues since then.

farmshop

Were you ever able to diagnose this? Sounds like the exact symptoms I had on my 2070. The interlock control module replacement did the trick. No locking up issues since then.
We just had our 2054 act up again.it would work when it wanted then it quit all together. The brake timer was bad. The timer is in the dash between the park and other lock switch. To test it I installed a jumper wire between the 2 orange wires that are in the plug. Don't cut the wires just add the jumper.

Latest posts