2018 cat 259D fuel problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daddygoose

I was having issues with the fuel transfer pump keeping the fuel/water separator full when I started the machine so I installed a brand new one yesterday. After the machine has been running for several hours with the mulcher at WOT I start to loose power when I'm turning or cutting into thick stuff. And it sounds like it's missing untill I cut it back to 1/2 throttle then it quits missing. When I open the engine compartment the fuel water separator is almost empty but you can see fuel running through the clear plastic. Need advice on this one.

foton

maybe your fuel pickup is restricted so the pump can not move the fuel that the engine wants, to verify go to the suction side of the pump disconnect fuel tank and add a remote fuel tank and try that, or as a thought use low pressure( maybe 3 to 4 lbs) compressed air and blow in to fuel tank from disconnected fuel line and see if it temp. clears problem. also remove fuel cap so you do not build pressure in tank.

Washakie

maybe your fuel pickup is restricted so the pump can not move the fuel that the engine wants, to verify go to the suction side of the pump disconnect fuel tank and add a remote fuel tank and try that, or as a thought use low pressure( maybe 3 to 4 lbs) compressed air and blow in to fuel tank from disconnected fuel line and see if it temp. clears problem. also remove fuel cap so you do not build pressure in tank.
Hello,
I have a 2016 259D Cat that keeps getting water and trash in filter. I keep changing the filters and it seemed to help but after parking if for several days it now won't start or even attempt to start.

foton

if you are getting water in the system,most likely the best thing to do is remove the tank and figure out where it is getting in at. I do not know if your machine has a water /fuel seperator but I assume it does you need to keep track of it and drain it often until a tank cleaning can be done or the seperator no longer collects water. If the machine will not start hopefully the water in the fuel system has not freezed up and ruptured anything. try to drain all that you can and place a portable fuel tank like a boat uses above the engine and try to feed the engine that way to get it to run.

kroog

Your fuel tank has a drain plug (pipe plug) at the bottom rear center of the tank. I would drain it as completely as possible then start with fresh fuel.

Latest posts