2018 Bobcat E26 - Bits and pieces

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dameon

Good afternoon all.

I recently acquired this machine and it could use a few handles, knobs, components, etc. Is there an online parts place that could be a source for misc. parts outside dealer MSRP?

Also, does anyone have a service manual (with illustrated parts list) in PDF format they would be willing to share with me?

Thanks!

brdgbldr

Good afternoon all.

I recently acquired this machine and it could use a few handles, knobs, components, etc. Is there an online parts place that could be a source for misc. parts outside dealer MSRP?

Also, does anyone have a service manual (with illustrated parts list) in PDF format they would be willing to share with me?

Thanks!
What I normally do is look for the part and part number in the parts catalog:

and then check for the price and availability at:

From here you can search the internet for the part number and compare prices.

I have been very surprised at how cheap some of the parts are directly from Bobcat.

I have found a lot of little parts like plugs and knobs at Zoro.com but they have very poor descriptions of parts so you really have to do your research before purchasing.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

What I normally do is look for the part and part number in the parts catalog:

and then check for the price and availability at:

From here you can search the internet for the part number and compare prices.

I have been very surprised at how cheap some of the parts are directly from Bobcat.

I have found a lot of little parts like plugs and knobs at Zoro.com but they have very poor descriptions of parts so you really have to do your research before purchasing.

I too have found that the local Bobcat dealer can be very competitive on some things. But when they aren't, they are usually WAY off. For example, I need a thumb for my E26... ~$3500 from Bobcat. There are plenty of options (Titan being one of my favorites) for substantially less.

I'll add the Parts Catalog on Bobcat's site to my favorites list. Thanks for that!

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

Most recent effort is a replacement bulb for my boom light. They've superseded the replacement socket/pigtail/bulb (yes, 3 separate SKUs!) setup for a sealed housing light. Replacement cost: $75-85. So if your bulb goes out, you replace the whole sealed beam. Way to be environmentally conscience Bobcat.

This appears to be a "standard" automotive-style, 1/4 turn, socket. One difference is that it is a 4 "prong" as opposed to a more common 2 or 3 prong.

20231027_151527.jpg20231027_151601.jpg20231027_151620.jpg

JakeK

Change it out for a led work light off Amazon. Better light, lasts longer and cheap. May have to drill a new mount hole depending on which light you go with but it will provide a nice upgrade.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

I used the supplied connector and plugged right into a HID bulb from an SUV. It was a two-prong, but I managed to wedge it in tight enough to hold it. Not a great solution, but suitable. I didn't want to modify the factory wiring, but might decide otherwise in the future.

Latest posts