2013 New Holland C238 skid loader overheating

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jap30

Have new thermostat, new radiator, new water pump, new fan, just had oil changed , flushed cooling system...and still overheating!! Any ideas on what the issue may be? I'm just completely miffed by this . Please someone help if you can!! Thank you!!!

foton

is there any bubbling from the radiator neck while running at operating temp, maybe a bad head gasket.

OP
OP
J

jap30

There is no bubbling and no exhaust coming it (tested with a kit) but I do want to try the gasket stuff to see if it does anything.

cdmccul

I don't know the coolant path there, but is it possible you need to bleed the system? You might have an air pocket in the motor or something.

Or for diagnostics purposes, remove the thermostat all together and try again. If it doesn't overheat then, boil the thermostat to test the opening temp. It might be faulty.

OP
OP
J

jap30

I also just realized I forgot to mention that the engine only overheats while it's working. It can sit and idle an will never overheat,, and when I'm using it when it starts to overheat, if I stop an park it an jus let it idle it will cool itself back down

TonyCT322

My John Deere did the same thing. Water pump gasket had a small leak. It would take about an hour of use before it would overheat. Drove me crazy finding it. It would boil off on the block or drip out. Once parked and shut down it stopped. Rarely had any on the ground underneath it. I found it when changing the water pump.

Check your fan to ensure it is running (electric? Or mechanical- could be bad clutch. Stops under load?). Check thermostat as suggested above. I would refrain from using any kind of sealant. You might try a dye to help locate a leak. Are you running a 50/50 mix of antifreeze. I agree airlock is a thing. My 2019 Truck has been to the dealer twice for a TSB for this and my Kubota RTV once. RTV was diagnosed with bad radiator cap (3 years old). Dealer said it allowed air into the system slowly.

You've done most of the same repairs/replacements that I went through. Good news is it can be fixed. Hang in there.

foton

You know this just might be the water temp sensor giving bad readings , unless you see other conferming run hot issues.

Marcus1896

Have new thermostat, new radiator, new water pump, new fan, just had oil changed , flushed cooling system...and still overheating!! Any ideas on what the issue may be? I'm just completely miffed by this . Please someone help if you can!! Thank you!!!
I had a problem with overheating. It was a bad radiator cap.