2008 model 2054

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

drg25

looking for someone to help me get my 2008 mustang model 2054 running. it starts but stops right away.

Tazza

Staff member
If it has an electric shut down solenoid, it sounds like the hold circult is not working, shutting down after the pull coil is deactivated.

farmshop

If it has an electric shut down solenoid, it sounds like the hold circult is not working, shutting down after the pull coil is deactivated.
Assuming you have checked all the fuses If you remove the cover on the upper left side of the cab the controller is up there there is a series of led lights that tells system status. There is a charge pressure switch that can keep it from running. Also the seat and seat bar can also. There is also a timer up in the front dash that can go bad. Somewhere here there is a thread where I talked about bypassing the timer. If you set the parking brake will it keep running?

farmshop

Assuming you have checked all the fuses If you remove the cover on the upper left side of the cab the controller is up there there is a series of led lights that tells system status. There is a charge pressure switch that can keep it from running. Also the seat and seat bar can also. There is also a timer up in the front dash that can go bad. Somewhere here there is a thread where I talked about bypassing the timer. If you set the parking brake will it keep running?
The charge pressure switch has given us problems on 3 different mustangs. The controller should have a green charge in light if it's working. I have had to bypass this several times it is only 2 wires. Sensor is screwed in to a block under the seat on the left side.

OP
OP
D

drg25

The charge pressure switch has given us problems on 3 different mustangs. The controller should have a green charge in light if it's working. I have had to bypass this several times it is only 2 wires. Sensor is screwed in to a block under the seat on the left side.
Just wanted to say thanks to your reply and I wanted to run something by you. One time when my mechanic friend got it to run it ran for about 30 seconds and started to bog down and then it stopped running like something was choking it. Every now and then I wiil be in my garage and just for the heck of it I try to start the machine. Two days ago I tried and low and behold it started. I was going somewhere so I shut it off. right away I tried it again and it wouldn't start. Whatever the problem is it is puzzling. Tanks again drg25

farmshop

Just wanted to say thanks to your reply and I wanted to run something by you. One time when my mechanic friend got it to run it ran for about 30 seconds and started to bog down and then it stopped running like something was choking it. Every now and then I wiil be in my garage and just for the heck of it I try to start the machine. Two days ago I tried and low and behold it started. I was going somewhere so I shut it off. right away I tried it again and it wouldn't start. Whatever the problem is it is puzzling. Tanks again drg25
So does it crank over but not start? Are you getting fuel up to the filter? Ours have crud in the tanks so every once in a while we have to blow back through the line.

OP
OP
D

drg25

I have written before about my 2008 model 2054 starting but shutting down. I have replaced many parts such as control module,fuel shutdown solenoid,new battery,new alternator fuel pump,new parking brake toggle switch,new hydraulic toggle switch. Now the engine runs great but when it starts I toggle the hydraulic switch and it shuts down. e [email protected] Thanks again

farmshop

I have written before about my 2008 model 2054 starting but shutting down. I have replaced many parts such as control module,fuel shutdown solenoid,new battery,new alternator fuel pump,new parking brake toggle switch,new hydraulic toggle switch. Now the engine runs great but when it starts I toggle the hydraulic switch and it shuts down. e [email protected] Thanks again
If you take the cover off to expose your controller the led lights tell you a lot of what's going on. Another thing to look at is the timer module that is inside the dash. You can add a jumper wire across 2 of the terminals on ours I think it was 2 orange wires. Add a jumper don't remove. There is a charge pressure switch also but I think if that wasn't working it would shut down right away but the controller lights would tell you if that's something to look at. Also make sure your seat bar and seat belt switches work or try wiring the 2 wires together

OP
OP
D

drg25

If you take the cover off to expose your controller the led lights tell you a lot of what's going on. Another thing to look at is the timer module that is inside the dash. You can add a jumper wire across 2 of the terminals on ours I think it was 2 orange wires. Add a jumper don't remove. There is a charge pressure switch also but I think if that wasn't working it would shut down right away but the controller lights would tell you if that's something to look at. Also make sure your seat bar and seat belt switches work or try wiring the 2 wires together
the problem ended up being a safty switch on the door that was making it shut down. Thanks for all your help

OP
OP
D

drg25

the problem ended up being a safty switch on the door that was making it shut down. Thanks for all your help
I bought a new Manitou 1650r skidsteer loader with joystick controls. For the most part I like the controls. My question is the joystick for the steering is very sensitive. Is there a adjustment for this? Thanks

farmshop

I bought a new Manitou 1650r skidsteer loader with joystick controls. For the most part I like the controls. My question is the joystick for the steering is very sensitive. Is there a adjustment for this? Thanks
I know previous models had different settings that could be programmed in I'd think this one would also

Latest posts