2008 L190 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

speed_demon

I have a 2008 New Holland L190 that died on me and won't start. It turns over but won't even pop. I cracked one of the injector lines and I don't get anything. Plenty of fuel and the fuel is fresh. It's 16 degrees out. All of the fuses are good. This model has a mechanical fuel pump. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
S

speed_demon

Got it fired up. I started lifting the boom with the starter motor and once it dumped the snow load and lowered the front tires the starter started turning faster and it fired up. I'm confused but happy it's back up and running.

Tazza

Staff member
Got it fired up. I started lifting the boom with the starter motor and once it dumped the snow load and lowered the front tires the starter started turning faster and it fired up. I'm confused but happy it's back up and running.
Sounds odd, seemed like the fuel shutoff wasn't working to make the fuel not get to the injectors.
I wonder if it's possible that it is sticky and you cranking to lift the boom made it energize longer and it pulled back to allow fuel to the injectors. Just guessing here though.

wodbutchr

Sounds odd, seemed like the fuel shutoff wasn't working to make the fuel not get to the injectors.
I wonder if it's possible that it is sticky and you cranking to lift the boom made it energize longer and it pulled back to allow fuel to the injectors. Just guessing here though.
Have the same problem on L190. Got stuck on a frozen steep slope, ran out fuel, climbed through the back window. Stuck, replaced lifter pump, new fuel filters, cranks, no pop, no smoke, clean fuel coming on top of filter holder. Any idea, what next? Thx

wodbutchr

Got the same L190 issue. Got stuck on a steep slope , ran out of fuel, escaped through the back. Dragged it on flat ground, changed lifter pump fuel filters. Getting clean fuel going injection pump, will crank, no pop, no smoke. Any idea? Thx