2008 case 450 series 3 problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cip5847

As stated above I have a 2008 case 450 series 3 with the Iveco 445 engine with 2400 hours. When I first bought the machine it smoked diesel rich white smoke during warm up then would mostly clear up after I ran the machine. Over time this issue has gotten progressively worse to the point where it won't rev up without spuddering and never stops smoking. Thinking it was a fuel or air issue I started by changing all filters and fluids no change. I then changed the lift pump and the suction lines to the lift pump. Still no change so I bought new injectors which had no effect and finally I had the Bosch fuel injection pump rebuilt which resulted in no change. What am I missing? Things I have checked and to be noted. The turbo shaft is tight and spins freely with no oil on the intake side. The Engine block vent valve is open and working as it should. The machine does not use oil and the smoke isn't blue or smell like oil. If this was your machine what would be your next step? Thinks to check? Thanks in advance

foton

if the smoke was black that would be a over fueling . Blue is oil, white is either Un combusted fuel or coolant, so is it using or blowing out coolant? does the engine oil look milkish ,is it hard to start if so then think of a compression test. look at the radiator with the cap off is it just flowing or is there bubbles? I have no knowledge of iveco to speak of.

OP
OP
C

Cip5847

if the smoke was black that would be a over fueling . Blue is oil, white is either Un combusted fuel or coolant, so is it using or blowing out coolant? does the engine oil look milkish ,is it hard to start if so then think of a compression test. look at the radiator with the cap off is it just flowing or is there bubbles? I have no knowledge of iveco to speak of.
Not using any coolant, the oil is not milky and it starts within 2 seconds of hitting the key.

foton

could it be something with the waste gate or the turbo not spooling up as it should? GUESSING

OP
OP
C

Cip5847

I went back through the fuel lines one more time and I'm fairly certain I found the issue. The adapter on the suction side of the lift pump is missing a copper crush washer. I'm getting air on the discharge of the lift pump. So hopefully one I get a new one in it solves my problems.