2007 case 465 no power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

carlo86

I have killed my skid steer. 4600 hours. I bought it new. I serviced it to the belts and hoses for the first time. They did not need changed. I was amazed. In the process I cracked the lower hose inlet on the radiator. Not smart. I tried to patch it and it started leaking an hour later. Took it back apart and found I left off the top radiator hose clamp. I had already ordered a new radiator so I put it in and put it back together. Decided to change a 4 year old battery for good measure. Tried to start it and had no power at all to the ignition or instrument panel. I have power from the battery to the kill switch. I have power to the solenoid above the starter. I'm assuming a fuse or relay but don't know where to start testing. Any help appreciated. This machine was in factory new condition before I touched. Please save it. Thanks Mike

flyerdan

Since you have power to the big lug on the starter solenoid, you know that the ground and positive battery terminals are good. Is there a fusible link in the small wires going from the positive terminal, like on many cars? That could have gotten fried during the switchover; if it's okay then suspect any fuses or relays.
A troubleshooting guide would tell better where to start looking, if you don't have a manual check in the manual thread and see if there is anything for your model, or reasonably close.

OP
OP
C

carlo86

Since you have power to the big lug on the starter solenoid, you know that the ground and positive battery terminals are good. Is there a fusible link in the small wires going from the positive terminal, like on many cars? That could have gotten fried during the switchover; if it's okay then suspect any fuses or relays.
A troubleshooting guide would tell better where to start looking, if you don't have a manual check in the manual thread and see if there is anything for your model, or reasonably close.
Thanks for the response Thanks I will check on the fusible link. Actually thought about that and searched for it with no luck. Doesn't mean it isn't there. Pulled the relays and cleaned the contact but didn't check them with a meter. Will do that also when I get one tomorrow. Serviced this thing for 13 years with no issue. Mike

Latest posts