2006 s205 - Blown computer fuse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MBM1

Night before last I moved the machine in the yard, parked it ,all was fine. Next day I went to move it, and nothing. Displays don't power, not able to enter password, no way to start it. I discovered the computer fuse is blown. Tried replacing it, and it blows instantly. Meter on the load side of the fuse shows .6 Ohm, so a dead short. I've disconnected every connector and reconnected hoping to isolate the short, no luck.
Anyone else have this happen? I suspect the harness is the issue, just wondering where a common place to look first would be. Clean machine, just over 1000 hrs, home use, not abused.
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

OP
OP
M

MBM1

Update on the situation.... today i managed to remove the left kick plate to continue looking for a break in the harness. I removed the plugs connecting the controller to the harness one at a time, with the meter measuring the resistance from the load side of the computer circuit at the fuse box to ground. Once one of the connectors was removed, the resistance went from short to open.. I suspect the controller to have an internal short.

OP
OP
M

MBM1

Update on the situation.... today i managed to remove the left kick plate to continue looking for a break in the harness. I removed the plugs connecting the controller to the harness one at a time, with the meter measuring the resistance from the load side of the computer circuit at the fuse box to ground. Once one of the connectors was removed, the resistance went from short to open.. I suspect the controller to have an internal short.
Second Update... Bobcat tech came out and confirmed its the controller. The problem is the epoxy separates from the box around the edges, and moisture makes its way in. Part was replaced, machine started, but no movement. Tech determined the ACS was shot too, same reason...
Run a thick bead of silicone around the edges is the recommendation.

Tazza

Staff member
Glad you found the cause of the short, but boo that the issue is not yet fixed.

Latest posts