2004 331 coolant change

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xkvator

the manual says it holds 4 gallons(16 quarts) ive drained the coolant...petcock on bottom of radiator...valve on engine under injector pump...and took heater hoses off and let hang below engine...but I only get about 10 quarts out... ive refilled with distilled water a few times to clean...ran and waited to cool...drained and still only get 10 qts… if I put in the PG Pre-mix, i'm afraid the 6 qts that didn't come out will dilute it further... any thoughts on getting all the coolant out...??? should I get a gallon of Sierra full strength, and put it in, then add the Bobcat pre-mix?

foton

do what you can to get the 50/50 mix as close as you can but do not completely fill , then pick up a coolant strength checker( I think most parts stores have them) and test your coolant then adjust if necessary and top off.

mmsllc

do what you can to get the 50/50 mix as close as you can but do not completely fill , then pick up a coolant strength checker( I think most parts stores have them) and test your coolant then adjust if necessary and top off.
I would think that as long as you can maintain a 30% to 70% ratio of coolant to fresh / distilled water, you would be just fine. I understand that 50% / 50% ratio is ideal, but 30% / 70% is within spec as far as being concerned about iron & aluminum components are concerned.