change from keyless to key

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KRBryant

I got a bobcat 873 with the keyless key pad but one of the numbers that start it went out so I am trying to convert it over to a key. I bought the whole set up and was told by Bobcat to just plug it in and it waill work (will not work) now they say they have to come out and reprogram the computer is there a way to make this work with out spending more money to bobcat

Ducks

I got a bobcat 873 with the keyless key pad but one of the numbers that start it went out so I am trying to convert it over to a key. I bought the whole set up and was told by Bobcat to just plug it in and it waill work (will not work) now they say they have to come out and reprogram the computer is there a way to make this work with out spending more money to bobcat
I did the same thing with my s205 because the deluxe panel would randomly loose communication with the computer and shut down the machine . I Needed to get the dealer to come out and reprogram the computer. That was 2 years ago and the machine now runs flawlessly.