Bucket Pins from eBay?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MakersAcres

My Bobcat 442 is in need of new Pins. They seem like a standard size and both CAT and BOBCAT can not find a pin that is close enough. 50mm with the locking pin hole at 12 inches. I have found some on eBay that are new Chinese made ones that should work. Have any of you had any luck with these cheaper pins? Thanks!

foton

if you could find the rockwell hardness on the factory pins and compare to the ones that you are looking at, but probably is a slim chance of doing. I guess buy the cheap ones and use them as you would normally and just watch the wear , to see if they are ok or junk. Unless you know someone with a rockwell hardness tester, you would know then but you would still end up buying the repros.

brdgbldr

Do you have the Bobcat part number?
I see that they do have bucket pins such as:

EXCAVATOR BUCKET PIN, 0211005045

This is a pin for a 442 bucket but without knowing exactly what bucket you have it's a shot in the dark.

It is kind of stupid for a company to not keep consumable items like pins in stock.

FarmGal

We're in a similar situation. Need an aftermarket source for backhoe pins. Bobcat replacement pin for bottom of vertical stabilizer does not match old pin. Distance from end of pin to groove is greater than old pin, so can't connect snap rings on both ends. Need another source for pins. Can't believe Bobcat doesn't have correct pin for older backhoe attachment (model 709)

foton

If you have no other source these pins , they can be made from round stock , they will not be as hard but will work, big holed washers on each end and drill each end for a thru bolt to keep them in place.

AJ-17

Been making my own pins for my 709 out of 1-1/2" cold rolled steel. Very pricey stock, but they will work. I am making sure that very pivot point has a grease fitting so they may be greased. Also made the groove for the snap ring on my South Bend lathe. I will be restoring a 907 and a BH 108 and the 709. All with different buckets and one with a hoe clamp, which is a mechanical thumb. Will be replacing seals, hoses and upgrading engineering issues with each hoe. Cold rolled steel with work just fine, just like the farmer, greased twice a day.

UnexpectedBill

If you're going to the trouble of making pins, I'd recommend SAE-4140. It's tough stuff. Considering the effort you're expending it's not that much more than CRS, cost wise, not too hard to machine, and you can case harden it with the an acetylene torch after done with the machining.

UnexpectedBill

Where I am it can be ordered as PH - pre-hardened if machining is a concern. You may need to check with your local steel supplier on that one.

Latest posts