2002 Bobcat 334 - Right Side Track Doesn't Turn

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Halman3985

Hey Everyone, Please forgive my lack of knowledge when it comes to excavators. I own a 130 acre farm with 30 acres of bush and a lot of ditches. Last year, I got a good deal on a Bobcat 334. The excavator worked great and started like a champ any time I used it which wasn't very much. A couple of days ago, I took it out of the barn to use it since we had some fallen trees and needed is to move the big limbs. Anyways, as luck would have it, the right side track will not turn on its own. The left side turns without any issues at all. I removed the bottom plates to see what is going on or if a cable disconnected but all looks well. Anyways, from everything I've read to this point, I think it's the final drive system on the right side of the excavator. However, before I go and take anything apart, does anyone have any other suggestions. The fluid level is fine, it was a little bit and I topped it up but it didn't require much. All my gauges seem to be working fine and i know the sprocket isn't seized since I lifted the right side and was somewhat able to slightly move the track and when I do move the excavator using the left side, the track does turn just not using the lever. So, am I on the right track (no pun intended), is it the final drive system? Cheers, Shawn

bobbie-g

Could it be as simple as mice chewing on the wires? I say "simple" because that issue can be hard to track down. For a drive motor to suddenly quit working seems to me to imply no hydraulic flow rather than something amiss inside the motor. How many hours on the machine? :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
H

Halman3985

Could it be as simple as mice chewing on the wires? I say "simple" because that issue can be hard to track down. For a drive motor to suddenly quit working seems to me to imply no hydraulic flow rather than something amiss inside the motor. How many hours on the machine? :) ---Bobbie-G
It has 4300 hours roughly. I put on about 15 hours myself. All works very well on the excavator, only the one track will not turn at all.

ggeh19

It has 4300 hours roughly. I put on about 15 hours myself. All works very well on the excavator, only the one track will not turn at all.
I have a 1999 334 and sometimes the foot peddle for the thumb sticks closed or open and the hydraulics go into relief valve from the over pressure and stalls my tracks.

Master_Tech

I would find the valve that controls that function and verify that you have power going there first (Stac test)

After testing for power with a test light check your resistance going to the coil using a multimeter and also check magnetism (Stac) to the coil using screwdriver

If resistance is close to zero, approx 5 volts when key turn on

If your machine is a cable operated valve then verify that the valve is opening and closing (disregard above)

Next I would Verrify your pressure to the drive motor itself using a pressure guage you can compare with the other side

let me know if any of this helps you out

Good luck