2000 JD 250 Skid Steer Parking Brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dv1127

My parking Brake wont engage ?? Everything else works off the switch except the brake. Any idea how I Fix the brake?? HELP PLEASE? Thanks Dan

OP
OP
D

dv1127

This machine only has 700 hrs on it. Its really hard to believe something is wrong with the park brake.

skidsteer.ca

This machine only has 700 hrs on it. Its really hard to believe something is wrong with the park brake.
The brakes are applied by a spring, and released using hydraulic pressure from the pump. Did it work before, or did you just buy this machine?
Here is some info on the system.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dv1127

The brakes are applied by a spring, and released using hydraulic pressure from the pump. Did it work before, or did you just buy this machine?
Here is some info on the system.
Ken
Thank You Great Info ! I just bought the machine. I know for a fact that it only has 700 hrs on it though. Seems kinda funny that the park brake would fail with those hrs ? Thanks Dan

bumpside

Thank You Great Info ! I just bought the machine. I know for a fact that it only has 700 hrs on it though. Seems kinda funny that the park brake would fail with those hrs ? Thanks Dan
If it is a series I unit and not a series II unit the parking brake was released with a hyd cylinder that was external to the drive housing. This meant there had to be an external linkage component, this was prone to rocks, etc falling inside after the boot was worn/torn. If it so could be simply bound up. If it is a series II (yellow engine not black) than it was all internal.

skidsteer.ca

You never know, could be poor design, or that is got left on and driven somehow, God only knows...
ken

tony1990

i have a 2000 john deere 250 skid steer 900 hours brakes wont apply the switch works the valve works the spring applied hydraulic release works so must be inside the brake housing just trying to figure out what part inside could be broke or bad and how hard is it to do and does one rebuild it or replace the whole thing