1999 331 some slow functions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bigd

Hi ya'll. I have a 331 that has one final drive that operates slow, the bucket curl is slow,and the stick is slow. All other functions seem good. Could this be a pump issue? Im trying to get a hydraulic test kit together for testing but cant seem to find the coupler that fits the bobcat pump.i will get it figured out soon enough. Oh ya, i noticed that when i close the stick and bucket together they seem to both move faster the same happens when opening and sticking out. Any help would be great.

Tazza

Staff member
If one final drive is slow and the other is fine, i'd suspect the final drive or the piston pump that feeds that motor.
To test ir correctly, you need some special gear to measure flow and restrict the flow to get it up to pressure.

OP
OP
B

Bigd

If one final drive is slow and the other is fine, i'd suspect the final drive or the piston pump that feeds that motor.
To test ir correctly, you need some special gear to measure flow and restrict the flow to get it up to pressure.
Would it be worth trying to swap hoses at the pump and see if the other final drive is slow? If it is would this indicate a hydraulic pump issue?

OP
OP
B

Bigd

Would it be worth trying to swap hoses at the pump and see if the other final drive is slow? If it is would this indicate a hydraulic pump issue?
Do you have an email where i could contact you for questions? If not i understand.

flyerdan

Do you have an email where i could contact you for questions? If not i understand.
I don't know the differences between the models, but there is a book for the 325-328 series minis in the manual thread. I would imagine that the main architecture of the machine is pretty much the same across models. It can be a good reference tool to make sense of what you're looking at.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know the differences between the models, but there is a book for the 325-328 series minis in the manual thread. I would imagine that the main architecture of the machine is pretty much the same across models. It can be a good reference tool to make sense of what you're looking at.
My email address is in my profile, click on my name it you'll see it.
Feel free to email me if you have questions. You may not get a reply straight away, i'm rather time poor at the moment, but i'll get to you as soon as i can.