1990 mustang 940 axle bearings?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

knobracon

Need some serious help, My axle bearing is shot on the left front wheel. I pulled it out and the numbers on the bearing are gone. I was wondering if anyone has the model number of the bearings and the race... I believe the Race is JLM104910. But can't read the bearing number

Tazza

Staff member
If you can get the cup out, look up the number on that and give it to your bearing supplier. They should be able to look up the cone that suits it. Measure the axle too so you can give them the inner diameter. I have done this before, they had no problems looking the numbers up.

OP
OP
K

knobracon

If you can get the cup out, look up the number on that and give it to your bearing supplier. They should be able to look up the cone that suits it. Measure the axle too so you can give them the inner diameter. I have done this before, they had no problems looking the numbers up.
Did that! and its a Timken bearing, and they gave us a set of bearing, but... the new ones don't have the beveled inner edges on the bearing like the old ones... If you can understand what i mean. Its tough to explain it, but even the bearing guy said that it should have a "radius" like the old one... so im kinda stuck. And i tryed calling mustang them selves and they said they cant give out numbers like that because they could lose there job...

Tazza

Staff member
Did that! and its a Timken bearing, and they gave us a set of bearing, but... the new ones don't have the beveled inner edges on the bearing like the old ones... If you can understand what i mean. Its tough to explain it, but even the bearing guy said that it should have a "radius" like the old one... so im kinda stuck. And i tryed calling mustang them selves and they said they cant give out numbers like that because they could lose there job...
I know exactly what you mean, its odd that they don't have the radius..... I thought they all had it.
I can understand mustang not being allowed to give out the number, it looses them a sale.

cartoad

I know exactly what you mean, its odd that they don't have the radius..... I thought they all had it.
I can understand mustang not being allowed to give out the number, it looses them a sale.
Give these people a call. I guarantee they can help... http://www.goldeneagledirect.com/

Rookie

It's odd that neither the cup or cone have radiused edges. In all my years at wrenching I've never seen any without it. Take it back and look in a few more boxes. Getting bad new bearings is nothing new.

Latest posts