1980 Bobcat 530

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
T

trobbl

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the pressure relief on the hydrostatic pump.

ymurf

You were correct on those o-rings leaking. Mine is dripping in same place and thought I seen a drip farther forward. Is there multiple shafts on that pump? I haven't pulled the diesel motor out yet but may start this weekend. Was wondering cause may be way over my head taking that pump apart to get to the bolts on the other shafts. Was that the only one leaking on yours or am I looking at something wrong?

OP
OP
T

trobbl

I believe there are four shaft positions on the 530 pump. That was the only shaft leaking on my Bobcat. Take a look at the parts diagram on https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser. I found the parts diagram under "Hydrostatic System/Hydrostatic Pump". The pump was probably used on a bunch of different models, so they have options to run the shafts from either side. Mine has block-off plates on the right side (facing the front). Good luck on your repair.

ymurf

Is it possible to get to the bolt on the other shaft just like the one you fixed? I seen a drip coming from forward of the one you fixed also.

OP
OP
T

trobbl

I haven't had the front portion of the pump apart, but it looks the same in the diagram. I bet you can get at it the same way. The nice thing about the front side is maybe you can get to it from under the seat.

ymurf

I will probably just take is apart like you did. I ordered the metal and paper gasket today. As soon as they come in I am going to start on it.

ymurf

They cant get the gaskets for me. Tried two different bobcat dealers. Both said discontinued. If you dont mind me asking where did you get your parts? Maybe I can order them there and have them shipped to me.

OP
OP
T

trobbl

I got mine at the Farm-Rite Equipment in Dassel MN. They are an authorized Bobcat dealer.

ymurf

Just called bobcat and they think they have a couple of the metal gaskets in the warehouse she thinks.. She added the item to there web site and I ordered it. They are proud of them. $35 for the part and cheapest shipping they had was 5 to 10 day ups for $24.00. They dont have the other gasket.

billzee

hello, I also enjoyed watching your youtube channel. I have a 1980 bobcat 530 that is not getting fuel. If I dump some fuel directly into the carburetor and start it, it runs for a few seconds as the gas gets eaten up. I checked the fuel line and fuel is coming out fine. I am trying to find out where the fuel pump is before thinking of taking out the carburetor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can anyone tell me what part this is? the small part to the right of the carburetor with the black hose connecting from that part to the carburetor? thank you

OP
OP
T

trobbl

hello, I also enjoyed watching your youtube channel. I have a 1980 bobcat 530 that is not getting fuel. If I dump some fuel directly into the carburetor and start it, it runs for a few seconds as the gas gets eaten up. I checked the fuel line and fuel is coming out fine. I am trying to find out where the fuel pump is before thinking of taking out the carburetor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can anyone tell me what part this is? the small part to the right of the carburetor with the black hose connecting from that part to the carburetor? thank you
I saw your question on my Youtube video and responded. I also responding here with the same info in case anyone else is looking for this info.

You are looking at the oil breather tube. It routes crank case fumes back into the carb to be burned. If you have a 530, there is no fuel pump. It is gravity fed. You can easily follow the fuel line from the tank outlet found on the left side of the tank, to a fuel filter, then to the electric fuel shutoff and finally to the carb. Pull the fuel line off the carb and turn the key to the run position. If fuel flows you probably have a partially stuck float valve. Otherwise, you may have a restriction somewhere in your fuel line. I once had my electronic shutoff fail. I temporarily ran a small lawn mower tank directly to the carb to get my Bobcat running so I could get it back to my garage.

You said fuel is flowing from the fuel line, so I would focus on the carb next. I'd look into the float and float valve.

ymurf

I just finished replacing the drive chains and one axle seal on my Bobcat. I also got a look at the parking brake and it only needed an adjustment to get it working properly.

Bobcat 530 drive chain and axle seal video
I finally am getting started on my axle seal today..My back cover plate is under my pump. Looks like my pump is farther forward than yours I assume cause mine is diesel. I noticed my chains are really loose..Where did you say you got your chains from? Looks like I need to replace mine to. Going to try and raise pumps enough to get my back plate off to get bolt out of axle.

OP
OP
T

trobbl

I got mine on Amazon from a seller called Maple Ace. I checked and they don't have it available right now. There are other sellers out there with that chain though. Mine was 60H with 3/4" pitch. You should check to make sure yours is the same. I ordered two 10ft lengths and cut them to fit. That was enough to cover all four needed. Don't forget to get master links too. I also bought a chain break and holder. It made the job a lot easier. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079MC258Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8

ymurf

Thank you for the info..I have another question. I have front inspection plate off and took the bolt out of the brake arm but brake arm doesn't want to come off its stuck and don't want to brake anything..Should it just lift off after I took the big bolt out of the center?

OP
OP
T

trobbl

Thank you for the info..I have another question. I have front inspection plate off and took the bolt out of the brake arm but brake arm doesn't want to come off its stuck and don't want to brake anything..Should it just lift off after I took the big bolt out of the center?
I was lucky because mine popped off without a struggle. WD40 and some heat might be needed to get it to go. You should be able to get a pry bar under it to help bust it loose. A couple firm raps from a hammer on top of the arm to shock it might help too.

ymurf

This is the view of mine. My pump hangs over the back plate quite a bit. I hope I can get that plat off.

Attachments

• bbobcat.jpg
    bbobcat.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
T

trobbl

Yikes! I though it was cramped working on my machine. I know these are compact machines, but I wish the design engineers had to spend a little time working on them so they would think about better access for servicing.

ymurf

I have to take two bolts out and hope my pump will raise up enough to let that plate come out. Does anything come out mounted to the plate or just the plate? I see another bolt in the plate that I assume is holding something for the brake?

OP
OP
T

trobbl

You are correct. The brake block is bolted to the underside of that plate. See the item labeled caliper assembly below. I don't remember if there was enough clearance to get the plate off with the caliper attached. You may need to unbolt the caliper from the plate first.
530-brakes.png