1977 CASE 1830 Uniloader Gas

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hotrod1830

alright assuming i can take off the axle housing, i will then have to take the bearings to a machne shop to get them pressed onto the shaft, should both inner and outer bearings be pressed on at the machine shop then will i just be abe to slide them back through the axle housing? and the seals, the seals i recieved in my case bearing kit, do not resemble anything currently assebled on shaft or axle, so im not sure how exactly to/where to install, wheel bearing kit b93176
Get the housing off and take it to a shop along with the new bearings and seals. If you got your parts from a case dealer they are probably correct, just hard to tell thru all the carnage. If you are still in doubt, get the housing off and post a picture if the housing with the new parts beside it and we can try to determine if they are correct. Getting the shaft and bearings off without a press involves using a big hammer and punch. If you hit the shaft or housing in the wrong spot the parts list will get bigger($$$).

Hotrod1830

Get the housing off and take it to a shop along with the new bearings and seals. If you got your parts from a case dealer they are probably correct, just hard to tell thru all the carnage. If you are still in doubt, get the housing off and post a picture if the housing with the new parts beside it and we can try to determine if they are correct. Getting the shaft and bearings off without a press involves using a big hammer and punch. If you hit the shaft or housing in the wrong spot the parts list will get bigger($$$).
Yes, you will just slide the housing back in complete with all bearings and seals and install the sprocket

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

BTW, print off an exploded diagram of the axles/sprockets and make sure ALL parts are accounted for before reassembling.
Alright i think i'm good to go; removed axle housing+removed old inner and outer seals,+ removed old bearings inner + outter (or what was left of them); will take to machine shop on monday to have bearings pressed on, i think i got it now! everything seems to make sense ,just my old bearings+ seals where barely recognizable b/c of all the wear or what-not. thanks ya'll for all the help i think i got it all worked out : )

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

Alright i think i'm good to go; removed axle housing+removed old inner and outer seals,+ removed old bearings inner + outter (or what was left of them); will take to machine shop on monday to have bearings pressed on, i think i got it now! everything seems to make sense ,just my old bearings+ seals where barely recognizable b/c of all the wear or what-not. thanks ya'll for all the help i think i got it all worked out : )
alright guys good news and bad news took everything to machine shop and they got everything pressed on, so put everthing back toget and everythings seems ok, however i cant get the dang machine to start, i've never had any problems with getting it started, i think its getting gas b/c i can smell it, what could be the deal? I am completely illeterate mechanically so feel free to state the obvious thanxs

Hotrod1830

alright guys good news and bad news took everything to machine shop and they got everything pressed on, so put everthing back toget and everythings seems ok, however i cant get the dang machine to start, i've never had any problems with getting it started, i think its getting gas b/c i can smell it, what could be the deal? I am completely illeterate mechanically so feel free to state the obvious thanxs
Itis probably just flooded. Mine does that pretty easy if the battery is weak from sitting or its cold. Let it sit overnight with a battery charger on it and try it again tommorow. If it still doesnt start, pull a spark plug wire and check for spark while cranking it.

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

Itis probably just flooded. Mine does that pretty easy if the battery is weak from sitting or its cold. Let it sit overnight with a battery charger on it and try it again tommorow. If it still doesnt start, pull a spark plug wire and check for spark while cranking it.
ok i'll try it later on today,also i might add that yesterday while trying to get it started the wheels try and creep forward slowly, but hopefully it is just flooded

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

ok i'll try it later on today,also i might add that yesterday while trying to get it started the wheels try and creep forward slowly, but hopefully it is just flooded
Got everything back together and running and everthing seems fine,however occasionally when i turn , i hear a poping noise possibly from the front drive chain, could replacing the bearings in the rear axle have some sort of effect on the front ?

Hotrod1830

Got everything back together and running and everthing seems fine,however occasionally when i turn , i hear a poping noise possibly from the front drive chain, could replacing the bearings in the rear axle have some sort of effect on the front ?
you checked ALL bearings and chains, right?

Hotrod1830

not extensively i just jacked up the machine and kinda checked to see if there was any other movement
Are all the tires the same size? If you didnt check all the chains you can remove the wheels, there is an access cover for each chain. They can be adjusted without removing the covers providing the chains are not worn/stretched beyond service.

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

Are all the tires the same size? If you didnt check all the chains you can remove the wheels, there is an access cover for each chain. They can be adjusted without removing the covers providing the chains are not worn/stretched beyond service.
i figured out whats the problem,checked all the bearings like u suggested,and apparently the bearings on the main/center gear have gone out, not the bearings on the wheel axles but the center one, make sense? the one that is linked to both drivechains. anyway can anyone sugest or offer advice on making this as simple as possible, it seems like a bit harder than changing wheel bearings

OP
OP
T

txtmblwd

figured out what the problem is,the bearings went out that are in the center drive gear,the one that both drive chains are connected to, the center one. does that make sense.? anyway it looks a bit more difficult than replacing wheel axle bearings. any thoughts suggestions,tips??

Latest posts