1838 SKID STEER Fuel Shutoff solenoid ???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Monica

we just purchased a disabled non running skid steer, under the impression there is an electrical harness problem. After trouble shooting we discovered that the fuel shutoff solenoid is defective. My question is, could the fuel shutoff solenoid cause the machine not to start? Also, i cannot find any info in the service or parts manual for removal and or installation of the fuel shutoff solenoid. hard to believe, i know. Can anyone offer any info, suggestions, or tips on this matter? Many thanks

mllud

The fuel shutoff would definately keep the machine from starting if its defective. I dont know where its located. The solenoid opens when you turn on the key. You must be in the seat with the seat belt/bar on setting in the seat. The safety interlock has to complete a curcit before it will open. Mike

mllud

A bad solemoid will keep the loader from starting. You need to be in the seat with the seat belt/bar on to complete the curcit to open it. Look on your fuel injector pump. It looKs like a pipe plug maybe an inch long with a wire . or sometime two wires running to it. MIKE