1835 C drive chain installation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rar54

I had a wheel bearing go out on the left front of my 1990 1835 C Uni-Loader. I removed the left side tires and the complete front left axle housing, it was very tight but I did get the chain off the sprocket, I replaced one of the bearings and race, assemble the axles with cast housing and sprocket. Now the hard part, I can not get this axle housing reinstalled back into the frame and install the chain back on, it is the outer chain so I did not have to mess with the rear axle housing. Is there a special tool or trick in getting the chain back on while the axle housing is in the frame, you can not put the chain on the sprocket first and install, there is no room, anyone here tried this successfully without removing all the hydrolic lines and pump that drives the center double sprocket. I need help, I do not have the service manual only owner manual.

eremoao

Here are the instructions from the service manual: -Start the axle sprocket into the chain compartment and put the top of the chain on the nut and make sure that the bottom of the chain is below the tube for the parking latch. -Start the axle housing onto the studs. -Tilt and hold the top of the axle housing toward the frame. -Through the opening for the motor sprocket, reach toward the top of the axle sprocket and start the chain onto the axle sprocket while turning the front axle forward or the rear axle rearward. -Continue to turn the axle until the chain is around the axle sprocket. -Remove the axle hosing from the studs and move the axle housing assembly toward the motor sprocket as far as possible. -Install the chain on the motor sprocket. -Install the axle housing onto the studs. When my axle broke, I followed tis and it worked. Took 2 of us and I also used some large screw drivers and pry bars to help positioning the chain. Hope this helps.