17’ NH L228 Need Help !

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PrivadoMason

So Later today me and my old man passed by our local tractor dealer and they mainly deal with NH SSL/CTL's, and we work in the masonry industry and we just started looking into a new SSL. We exclusively use NH, well just one model the LX865. My Pop bought it new back in 96' (before me mind you), We have had no serious problems with this machine it's truly one of the greatest machines we have ever owned, runs perfect no slop 5600~ hours, yet it reaches max heights with a pallet of brick, she's just getting old (21 to be exact), anyway we decided it was time to get a brand new machine again, so we were at the dealer and found the "modern equivalent" of our venerable LX, a 2017 L228 "bare bones", open cab hand and foot controls (just like the 865) somewhere around the 8400 lb mark, 2800 op cap 74 hp fiat 3 cylinder for about $38,000, So I've been doing some research and found out the latter models have been real basket cases and I'm afraid these new 200 series machines may be a bad investment, need help wether or not to purchase this machine or if there are better options around the same weight class etc. Or if im just paranoid ???? Thanks in advance !!!!!!