TEREX PT-100 G " Loss Of Communication Between Main Controller & Engine"

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GSCI162013

Just hopped in the TREX after about 2 weeks sitting and got the alarm "Loss of communication between main controller & engine". The manual states it's an electrical issue. I checked all fuses, good. Checked, and tested all relays, good. I saw one sensor going into the top of the motor that looked like it had been chewed, fixed it, nothing. Has anyone encountered the "engine" in the communications problems?

Last edited:

TDB2

I have one of these machines. PT 110 F. Has 1200 hours on it. I have not had this issue but I have had some others and in so doing I have unplugged every plug I could get to from the ECM to every sensor I thought it was connected to including the control screen in the cab, and inserted dielectric grease into the connection. I was searching for a lost connection concerning another problem. Just my thoughts here, you guys are looking for solutions and no one is offering advice so if I owned it I would start there. If you own the machine your labor is free....not fun but free and will only cost time and $5.00 from Oreilly Automotive. Also look for pinched wires or broken wires. I resolved other issues by replacing questionable areas of wiring while going thru all the connectors.

Latest posts