Bobcat 863 wants to stall after warming up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Haladrin

Hello I have had my 863 for little over a year and when I first got it I replaced the fuel lift pump, primer bulb, fuel filter and housing since the machine was sitting and it was all pretty nasty. I then used the machine for a while with no issues. Recently after the machine warms up, after about 20 minutes of use, the machine will die down while moving or pressing either foot pedal. It begins misfiring and throttle cuts all the way down. Let it sit for a few seconds it picks back up and you can continue moving a little further and then it starts to bog down again. If you shut off the machine it will fire right back up and work for a minute or two no issues then the problem returns. Previous owner had issues with the fuel pickup in the tank and ran a hose through the filler tube( I know not the right repair and on list of things to fix) however if with the problem is occurring I completely fill the fuel tank it makes no difference. As such I decided to swap out the injectors cause they weren't expensive and then read about the fuel shutoff solenoid and replaced that today. Neither helped to solve the issue. Machine runs great for the first 20 minutes then quickly becomes useless. Let it sit a hour and back to being good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

foton

the way fuel system is rigged ,I would think it could have easily gotten water in the fuel , I would pull of a sample into a clear glass jar and let it sit for a while and see if there is any seperation of water and diesel,but some how you have a lean fuel condition by your description of engine running.

Tlawdogg

Yea, I would hook up a small boat type gas tank and run it with new diesel. See of problem goes away. Like Foton said check a sample of Diesel, let it sit in a glass jar and settle. Also, when it dies did you check the bulb to see if it's soft or hard as a rock?
Todd

Latest posts