Shop airlines

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I have a custom cabinet shop, bought our own building a few years ago and wanted to set it up "right" since it is ours, not something we rent. We used the Kaeser brand "smart pipe" it is aluminum, very easy to install and work with, has special fitting that don't require sweating or threading and it is easy to add on to, etc. Not cheap but when you consider the labor savings on installation it was worth it.
Way down at the beginning of our blog there are some pics:
http://ancomcustomcabinets.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-10-16T09:01:00-04:00&max-results=7
Very nice, are they corrosion resistant? i know alloy over time can get the white powdery deposits and eventually eat through, i think if they anodize it correctly this is not an issue.
Nict fit out in the shop though

ancomcabs

Very nice, are they corrosion resistant? i know alloy over time can get the white powdery deposits and eventually eat through, i think if they anodize it correctly this is not an issue.
Nict fit out in the shop though
Yes corrosion resistant and with a screw compressor and refrigerated air dryer there is virtuallu no moisture in the system anyways-Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Yes corrosion resistant and with a screw compressor and refrigerated air dryer there is virtuallu no moisture in the system anyways-Thanks
That is a pretty sweet setup. I find to get rid of all my moisture, i need to run my screw compressor flat out for about 20 minutes to get it hot enough to boil all of water off. But that's just for sand blasting, so on the rare occasion i need it, its not too bad.

ancomcabs

That is a pretty sweet setup. I find to get rid of all my moisture, i need to run my screw compressor flat out for about 20 minutes to get it hot enough to boil all of water off. But that's just for sand blasting, so on the rare occasion i need it, its not too bad.
We need super clean air for the finishing we do, we also have additional filter right before the spray area.
A couple of machines, particularily the cnc and edgebander can be adversly affected by dirty/wet air so it's very important to keep it clean there too

Tazza

Staff member
We need super clean air for the finishing we do, we also have additional filter right before the spray area.
A couple of machines, particularily the cnc and edgebander can be adversly affected by dirty/wet air so it's very important to keep it clean there too
It never hurts to have extra filters. Better a few extra bucks than a few thousand later on damaged equipment.
Like hornets that make mud nests, in the air tool couplers......... Rotten things!!!

Bandit1047

It was the schedule 40 or "gray stuff". If you've ever been around for one of these explosions you would not consider plastic.............
When I owned a machine shop, water in the lines was a problem we solved by coiling a copper line inside of an old refrigerator. This was used for two purposes: the freezer was used to cool parts that were to be pressed into a heated part and the cooler portion was used to cool the air line. There was a canister outside the refrigerator that would catch the water and it had a drain. Worked well!
Joe

Latest posts