Need Help with 1835c carb

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmkruse

Anyone have any insight in replacing the carb on an 1835C. The carb part number is A189149 superseded by part number 1960015C2. I cant find a replacement or a carb kit.

Gearclash

Kits are readily available. The gasoline engine in an 1835C is a Continental/Teledyne TM20, Zenith carb.

mikelv

It might be 13873 if so you can search ebay for zenith 13873. on the carb look for a round disk or stamp. you should be able to see it without removing the carb, you will need to remove the air cleaner hose. If it is the 13873 there are carbs and kits available. If you are unsure of your skill level in rebuilding the carb I suggest just getting a replacement. If you get a replacement carb note that you may have to swap some of the levers and linkages from your old one to the new one.

mikelv

1705243988410.png

mikelv

You know it could just use a cleaning, old fuel in the carb can be just gunking it up. If you don't want to take it apart, try spraying half a can of carb cleaner right down the throat and letting it sit for half an hour. Not the best way for sure but it's worth a try. I would at least take the top off and check it out before ordering parts.

foton

if it was run with e10 fuel and let sit for a long time ,there could be some junk in the bottom of the fuel bowl and maybe plugged up a jet. but carefull disassembly might save the gaskets enough to allow reassembly. if you wanna take a look at it .

OP
OP
C

cmkruse

Update- with help from a friend we got the carb off. Unfortunately there is no I'd tag. Here are some pictures of the carb and main gasket. If any one can tell me the model number then I can tr try and find the right kit. It took two hours working thru the side but we got it finally I really appreciate all the help so far.

mikelv

Check links below. These may or may not be what you need and even if it is a rebuild kit does not include every part in the carb. You really do need the number on the carb. The thing is I worry that you do not have the skill/ability to do the work. I don't want to be offensive, but you couldn't even take the carb off without help. I really recommend you find someone local that has experience rebuilding and identifying carbs. Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

Mild Bill

Hi,

I also have an 1835C gasser that I had the carburetor rebuilt 2 years ago. I had someone else do it, so I don't know for sure which kit they used, although I suspect they got it from a vendor on ebay, and it has worked just fine. I bought a distributor from a vendor on ebay for it. It has been just fine too.

Also not sure if they had the same carb on all of them from early models to the last ones. I know some other parts were not the same on the early ones vs the last ones.

The motor in them is the Continental/ teledyne TM20, so you want the kit for the Zenith carb used on that motor

Anyway, based off the picture of the gasket you posted here are links to a couple kits, that appear to be a universal type kit that at least have gaskets that look correct.

mikelv

Do be aware with the links MIld Bill and I provided that you really need to get the correct one. The wrong one may give you the wrong Jet size. As I understand it Case liked to use a different size jet than everyone else. Hopefully the original one is marked, and you can compare that way. If not get some wire size drill bits and use those to compare. of course, you can only do that after you received the kit. If your original Jets are in good condition, I recommend just reusing them to avoid the issue all together.

OP
OP
C

cmkruse

Update – thanks to forum members. I located a universal kit that matched my gasket. We rebuilt the carburetor, primarily just a good cleaning job and replaced some small parts. We avoided. changing the Jets based on the information here and concern over using the incorrect one. Today we installed the carburetor and it fired right up and ran consistently. The machine is showing its age. but I'm over the first hurdle. Thanks everyone on this forum for all the help it is greatly appreciated. Now all I have to do is figure out while the lift arms aren't working I have bucket control, but no lift.

mikelv

Great news. Hey you might want to invest in a set of hydraulic pressure gauges it does help a lot with hydro issues. I got a set off of amazon. It helped me when I had problems adding a 3rd function to mine. Now you have a new thread to start. Good luck.