lt185b blowing 5 amp fuse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pplc

This machine belongs to a neighbor and has had a history of this issue. After the third repair shop they thought it was fixed. It started again and now it is sitting in a lot I was trying to clean. The boom and bucket operate if it will start. both solenoids above the skid plate have been replaced. The seat safety switch has been replaced at the prior shops. When it came here it worked fine for 2 days. The third day it started blowing fuses within 10 minutes. It had a 20 amp fuse where the 5 should be. At this point if I put my hand on the seat the fuses blows immediately. It does not get far enough to activate the seat belt chime. The seat harness has been checked. If it is unplugged from the switch and a jumper wire put in place it blows the second I touch a new fuse to the fuse block.

I have unplugged the lower solenoid with the blue plug closest to the the right side frame. It blows the same way. I can not seem to find any broken or bare wires. Am I looking at the right solenoid?

Can I run a wire from the fuse panel through an inline fuse to the brake solenoid with a toggle switch and bypass the 5 amp fuse on the block to at least get it in the shop?

Thank you for any help

foton

I would in your case do what ever was necessary to get it on the trailer and then disconnect the battery just in case, reconnect when at repair center to unload.