ATF? in M371?? I bought and it has what looks like hydraulic fluid.. Also whats up with steering

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Justaguy

Below is from a conversation while back that fits somewhat my question... however when i bought mine a few months back it has what looks like hydraulic fluid..its definitely NOT RED unless some sort of tranny fluid is clear/brownish? It was used by an old man farmer for his barn and bought new years and years ago . Should it be changed? whats the ramifications?

Thanks, that'll help alot, and you use ATF? Would regular hydraulic fluid work? or are there clutches in there?
Mine has clutches. I understand that maybe...a big maybe...some of the last ones used hydraulic motors. I havn't seen any myself. ATF is what should be used with the clutch driven M-371. The way to tell is to push it with the engine off. If you can, and it should be easy, it has clutches. A hydraulic driven skidsteer with the engine off, can't be moved without skidding the whole thing. Also remember that you won't have a parking brake, and this skidsteer will freewheel if the controls for movement are not engaged. Also you have no brakes. You must use the controls all the time Have fun! Slag

Also the steering on this is crazy very jerky, wants to bounce around and seems to want to die.. Whats up with that? I bought 2 of them both technically run and missing seat and the battery holddown(on the left side of machine that also functions as the bracket for the seat support).. Anyone have parts I might be interested in a seat and the bracket if cost is right.

Latest posts