JCB 270 T track issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HighRock

New here looking for help with my JCB 270T
1100 hours of use and I only have one complaint.
The tracks run off during general farm use mainly uneven surface . I keep the tracks properly tensioned and have learned how to prevent in most cases but sometimes while pushing or clearing debris a piece of material will slip under and run under one side of wide track and push teeth over the idler.
It seems there are too much track( to wide) That is unsupported by anything.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks

foton

this is not a brand thing,I had a cat I could not keep the tracks on if turned to quickly.

Pooldigger123

My first thought is your tension is to low
Try to Run them tighter
Don't turn while in a hole or low spot
Turn in back and forth like a car
try to make turns while on a high spot
( while center of track is supported)
Pushing on a sideways on a steep slope is the worst
Try to work a hill in an up and down pattern or slight angle whenever possible
Been there got the t shirt

New here looking for help with my JCB 270T
1100 hours of use and I only have one complaint.
The tracks run off during general farm use mainly uneven surface . I keep the tracks properly tensioned and have learned how to prevent in most cases but sometimes while pushing or clearing debris a piece of material will slip under and run under one side of wide track and push teeth over the idler.
It seems there are too much track( to wide) That is unsupported by anything.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks
I know you said farm use, but are the tracks getting a lot of debris in them? If so, that could be some of the issue. Is it the same track each time? If so, check the (I don't know what these are called) the metal guides inside the track that the bogey wheels run in. Maybe 1 or 2 of them are bent or missing?

I have seen more hours on tracks, I've seen less. During normal wear and tear I would expect to get around 2K hours out of the tracks. You are about half way there, but maybe these tracks took more wear and tear depending on your terrain and etch that you drive on? Asphalt and concrete really eat tracks up.

foton

from what I have read 1000 hrs is expected life ,but that is just what I have seen in forums ,never used a tracked machine when tracks were due to be replaced.

Latest posts