JCB 270T

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Happy Sunday everyone. I have a question, I am really looking hard at a JCB 270T. I test drove one and really liked it. Felt very powerful, hydraulics were responsive. Cab was very spacious. Overall speed was good. I didn't get a change to lift anything or do any dirt work. Is there anything I am overlooking with this machine? Does anyone have any first hand experience with these machines? Will I like it?

foton

one thing about the jcb machines I like is the side door , and being able to get out with the bucket off the ground, my Wacker neuson sw-20 has the kohler /lombardi engine it has been good. I have a 2001 jcb 214 backoe and it has been very good, I know you really can not compare the two machines except for company design quality, which I think is good.

foton

What do you think about the lay out of the cab? I have only see them from a distance.

OP
OP
wifi_guy
What do you think about the lay out of the cab? I have only see them from a distance.
The cab is one of the largest ones I've been in. I've attached a picture, not the best as it was at night, but it does showcase the amount of leg room you have inside.

Control wise, once you understand where everything is, I think they have done a pretty good job with the amount of tasks you can perform with this machine. You have up to 7 functions you can run from your joy sticks. I have't figured this one out yet, but Function 1 isn't usable until you disable the Aux functions. Seems strange, but I'm sure I am just missing something. I am still learing the layout of the land, but so far I am really enjoying running this machine.

I can't find it anywhere, but these machines must have some sort of flex suspension in the tracks, because this thing is very smooth while driving it. Almost smoother than my 259D3, which did have a torsion flex suspension in it.

Being able to safely get out of the cab while the loader arms are up is a major benefit. As you can see in one of the pictures, hose connections are on the opposite side of 100% of the other skid steers out there. The only attachment I have where this is an issue is with my snow blower. I'll either have to get new hoses or just get extensions put on. Not the end of the world.

I know there is a lot hate out there for the JCB brand, but so far I have been nothing but impressed with the build quality of the machine. It seems like you either love JCB, or hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in between.

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    942.9 KB · Views: 73

foton

well my 2001 Jcb 214 back hoe has been very good to me. I guess most people do not know JCB made the first backhoe I believe back in the day. They just did not have exposure here in the usa. so people never knew they existed it was either cat or deere.

Latest posts