Windows 10

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Anyone using the forum with windows 10? a long time member got a new pc, but can't get the browser to work with the forum. Anyone managed to get it to work?

vinito

I'm using 8.1 and it doesn't work for me on that natively either, nor at work with whatever older enterprise setup they are running at the office.
I was happy enough to get it working with the HTML editor option using my Chrome browser after I installed the IE Tab extension for it. It's not elegant, but neither is the good old forum software so whetever works. It does seem to work well this way though.
A stern caution though. I spent a good half hour composing one the other night and somebody posted between when I started editing and when I clicked "post", and it hiccupped bad enough that my work was lost. When I know I want to spend some time on one, I'll do it in a text editor and paste it into the forum post editor box rather than take a chance for it to be erased. It probably saved you all from some really boring reading, but as for me I was bummed and gave up.
It would be nice if the forum software were more current but I guess that isn't ever easy, especially migrating all the old posts over to the new setup. Probably ain't free either.

6brnorma

I'm using 8.1 and it doesn't work for me on that natively either, nor at work with whatever older enterprise setup they are running at the office.
I was happy enough to get it working with the HTML editor option using my Chrome browser after I installed the IE Tab extension for it. It's not elegant, but neither is the good old forum software so whetever works. It does seem to work well this way though.
A stern caution though. I spent a good half hour composing one the other night and somebody posted between when I started editing and when I clicked "post", and it hiccupped bad enough that my work was lost. When I know I want to spend some time on one, I'll do it in a text editor and paste it into the forum post editor box rather than take a chance for it to be erased. It probably saved you all from some really boring reading, but as for me I was bummed and gave up.
It would be nice if the forum software were more current but I guess that isn't ever easy, especially migrating all the old posts over to the new setup. Probably ain't free either.
Sure wish we would get on with the new software. Tazza's dance must not have generated near the revenue I had envisioned. ;-)

lfutrell

Sure wish we would get on with the new software. Tazza's dance must not have generated near the revenue I had envisioned. ;-)
I tried the ie thing in chrome. it does work but painfully slow. thanks guys Larry

SkidRoe

Can you set the browser in compatibility mode for the forum website? I have done that in the past with websites that would not open correctly with newer versions of IE.
HTH - SR

jerry

Can you set the browser in compatibility mode for the forum website? I have done that in the past with websites that would not open correctly with newer versions of IE.
HTH - SR
I have no problem with 7, 8 or windows 10 but never write enough to justify a paragraph. What is curious to me is that with over 12000 members and numerous complaints .50 cents per member cannot be raised for the change in the forum.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
I have no problem with 7, 8 or windows 10 but never write enough to justify a paragraph. What is curious to me is that with over 12000 members and numerous complaints .50 cents per member cannot be raised for the change in the forum.
Glad you got it working :)
The thing is, out of the 12,000 members just how many are active? I'd think that out of that, there would be maybe 100 that are semi-regular and maybe half that that are really active with posting every week or so.