Why Bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tigerotor77W

Seeing as how there are now several new entrances to the skid steer market, why did each of you choose to stick with Bobcat loaders or excavators as fleet expansion settled in? What are the features that appeal to you most in compact equipment and its respective dealerships?

RS Coyote

I just had/have (read hope) a gut feeling the the 2000 863G HF I got would serve me well. I thought/think Bobcats may be better built then some other brands out there. IIRC it was 2000lbs ligher then the CASE XT90 or is it "XT95" I was looking at.

OP
OP
T

Tigerotor77W

Skid loaders are NOT a side line for Bobcat
This is (by now) old news, but Bobcat has released the K-series line of loaders. It includes loaders from the S130 and up; CTLs; and A300.

Details are available on Bobcat.com, as are new spec sheets for each product family (not individual as of December 21, 2005).

goodtech

This is (by now) old news, but Bobcat has released the K-series line of loaders. It includes loaders from the S130 and up; CTLs; and A300.

Details are available on Bobcat.com, as are new spec sheets for each product family (not individual as of December 21, 2005).
The Main thing different in the new K series bobcat is that they have a hydraulic ran fan like in the 430 and 435, The also changed the stickers on the machines as well.

Eric

The Main thing different in the new K series bobcat is that they have a hydraulic ran fan like in the 430 and 435, The also changed the stickers on the machines as well.
What about the new design on the loader arms??? Is that not a major improvement? What about the S300. That machine is the same size as an 863 but has the same lift capacity as a 963?!? This I dont understand. How is this possible? Are the engineers that brilliant at Bobcat?

OP
OP
T

Tigerotor77W

What about the new design on the loader arms??? Is that not a major improvement? What about the S300. That machine is the same size as an 863 but has the same lift capacity as a 963?!? This I dont understand. How is this possible? Are the engineers that brilliant at Bobcat?
goodtech -- if I may interject, the drive system has been beefed up considerably... the beta machines (S220 and up) now run on #120HS or #120HSOD drive chains rather than the #100HSOD chains originally used.

Eric -- the S250 and S300 were both originally G-series machines. In fact, the S250 retained the 873's Deutz for a few months before the Kubota took over. The K-series retains the same "outer shell" as the old G-series beta machines, but has the internal improvements that goodtech mentioned. As for S300 ROC = 963 ROC, it's merely phyics... I can explain later if no one else jumps in.

Merry Christmas!

goodtech

goodtech -- if I may interject, the drive system has been beefed up considerably... the beta machines (S220 and up) now run on #120HS or #120HSOD drive chains rather than the #100HSOD chains originally used.

Eric -- the S250 and S300 were both originally G-series machines. In fact, the S250 retained the 873's Deutz for a few months before the Kubota took over. The K-series retains the same "outer shell" as the old G-series beta machines, but has the internal improvements that goodtech mentioned. As for S300 ROC = 963 ROC, it's merely phyics... I can explain later if no one else jumps in.

Merry Christmas!
I totally forgot about the chains, thanks bobcatS250.... I heard through the grape vien that Kubota bought out thomas skid steers, and now they may have to change out there engines, has anyone else heard?

OP
OP
T

Tigerotor77W

I totally forgot about the chains, thanks bobcatS250.... I heard through the grape vien that Kubota bought out thomas skid steers, and now they may have to change out there engines, has anyone else heard?
Kubota signed an agreement with Thomas to sell Kubota-branded Thomas skid-steers in Europe. I am not sure how this pans out, as I have heard (also through the grapevine) that Kubota is going to start selling skids in the US. I don't know if that's Kubota-made, Kubota-sold, or Thomas-made, Kubota-sold, but it's a rumor for 2006, anyhow.
The engine issue should be interesting, seeing as how Bobcat just recently switched over to 100% Kubota for standardization purposes.

B300

Kubota signed an agreement with Thomas to sell Kubota-branded Thomas skid-steers in Europe. I am not sure how this pans out, as I have heard (also through the grapevine) that Kubota is going to start selling skids in the US. I don't know if that's Kubota-made, Kubota-sold, or Thomas-made, Kubota-sold, but it's a rumor for 2006, anyhow.
The engine issue should be interesting, seeing as how Bobcat just recently switched over to 100% Kubota for standardization purposes.
i bought a bobcat because no one else made a similar machine with the same capabilities imo. i tried the JD 110 didn't like it. it was smooth and didn't feel near as strong digging. could be the lighter weight. i found the same thing with the kubota tlb's. also the ease of going from the front to the backhoe position was a slam dunk. the b300 also has aws which makes it able to get into and out of much tighter places than the compitition. i am very happy with the decision so far. by the way, great site. glad to have found one where there doesn't seem to be as much bobcat bashing. metin

i bought a bobcat because no one else made a similar machine with the same capabilities imo. i tried the JD 110 didn't like it. it was smooth and didn't feel near as strong digging. could be the lighter weight. i found the same thing with the kubota tlb's. also the ease of going from the front to the backhoe position was a slam dunk. the b300 also has aws which makes it able to get into and out of much tighter places than the compitition. i am very happy with the decision so far. by the way, great site. glad to have found one where there doesn't seem to be as much bobcat bashing. metin
Cause everyone calls a skidsteer a bobcat. Plus I got a good friend that knows them inside and out. Incase I break it.

bobcat_ron

Cause everyone calls a skidsteer a bobcat. Plus I got a good friend that knows them inside and out. Incase I break it.
Bobcat is the only skid steer where you can see either your tires or the tracks (depending on SSL or CTL) on all 4 corners with the loader slightly raised, Crap Deeres you can't see anything but, well, the busted rims as you back into walls I guess. CAT comes in a close 2nd followed by Hew Holand in 3rd. All other makes can go to hell.

BPS

Bobcat is the only skid steer where you can see either your tires or the tracks (depending on SSL or CTL) on all 4 corners with the loader slightly raised, Crap Deeres you can't see anything but, well, the busted rims as you back into walls I guess. CAT comes in a close 2nd followed by Hew Holand in 3rd. All other makes can go to hell.
Visibility, service, financing, reputation, attachments. After driving other machines, I liked the Bobcat brand the best, plus the above reasons.

bobcat_ron

Visibility, service, financing, reputation, attachments. After driving other machines, I liked the Bobcat brand the best, plus the above reasons.
Holy crap, how my views toward Bobcrap have changed!!!!!!!!!

bobcat_ron

What turned you?
I put too much money into it as far as hydraulic repairs and it was a slug on fuel, 28 gallons, WOT, maybe 7 hours, my Cat, 17 gallons of fuel I get 8 hours, 10 if I play with the throttle, I don't need to run WOT with Cat because they have higher PSI in their pumps.

Go to Lawnsite.com and look me up, there' a whole bunch of info as to what lead me to switch.