Why are we Upgrading?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

I thought the advertising made it close to cost neutral, but there was nothing left over to add up to pay for upgrades. I can't remember exactly how much lower it was when i talked with the site owner about it though.
Is anybody trying to actively sell more advertising? It seems like every other forum I go to has all sorts of advertising on it and there is very little here.

Tazza

Staff member
Is anybody trying to actively sell more advertising? It seems like every other forum I go to has all sorts of advertising on it and there is very little here.
This is true, others even have a donation button and a counter with a goal for the month to pay the bills. I wonder if setting something up like that would help?

OP
OP
owensge

owensge

It's been over a year since this thread was started. How's it looking?
Hello, I will have something to show by early September. Unfortunately, I don't get to work on this every day but I have an updated site up and am working on it.... I will send out a link when it's ready for eyes on it. Thanks.

830Scott

Hello, I will have something to show by early September. Unfortunately, I don't get to work on this every day but I have an updated site up and am working on it.... I will send out a link when it's ready for eyes on it. Thanks.
It's November.....I see you run on my kind of a schedule ;) Looking forward to the upgrades

Hotrod1830

It's November.....I see you run on my kind of a schedule ;) Looking forward to the upgrades
I was always taught to lead by example. Donated $50. ,P. This site has given me endless information about working on these goofy contraptions they call skid steers. Fifty bucks was a small price to pay for the information I have received, and the money I have saved on this site. Granted, we all contribute a little by adding information and giving advise when we can, but it still doesnt pay the bill. No need for one guy to bear the burden of the cost of a site we all use.
Tazza, pull that zipper back up, were not done drumming up donations.

Tazza

Staff member
I was always taught to lead by example. Donated $50. ,P. This site has given me endless information about working on these goofy contraptions they call skid steers. Fifty bucks was a small price to pay for the information I have received, and the money I have saved on this site. Granted, we all contribute a little by adding information and giving advise when we can, but it still doesnt pay the bill. No need for one guy to bear the burden of the cost of a site we all use.
Tazza, pull that zipper back up, were not done drumming up donations.
hehe Good to see i can still scare people into donating :)

830Scott

Any progress on the upgrades to the site? It's March 2017 now. I am a MAC user and sometimes feel this site doesn't care for Macs. Also, I haven't been very successful posting pics...if you find a way to make that process a little easier, that would be awesome. Any chance of accessing The Skid Steer Forum from Tapatalk? Looking forward to the new site, Thanks!!

[email protected]

Any progress on the upgrades to the site? It's March 2017 now. I am a MAC user and sometimes feel this site doesn't care for Macs. Also, I haven't been very successful posting pics...if you find a way to make that process a little easier, that would be awesome. Any chance of accessing The Skid Steer Forum from Tapatalk? Looking forward to the new site, Thanks!!
any updates on this? i want to donate but not if the money is just going to sit idle lol

PrivadoMason

What's the stat on the update ? Are we getting it or has it been docked ? Do you need more funds? I think as members we should be constantly updated on the stat. Anyway I hope it's a great "face lift" !

830Scott

Really a shame to see little to no progress in the 9 (NINE!!!) years I've been on here. Such great potential. There has been nothing to increase membership. It is a definite turn off to search this site and see that there are so few brands listed. STAGNATE