Who knows 843's or better yet Perkins 4,154

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
N

nexus

There's 2 on ebay right now- a sued one for 5 and a rebuilt one for 850
Checked ebay earlier but only found 4.154 heads no 200 series with Glow plug holes. Could a machine shop add the gp holes? probably not economical.

OP
OP
N

nexus

Checked ebay earlier but only found 4.154 heads no 200 series with Glow plug holes. Could a machine shop add the gp holes? probably not economical.
well, reman head on the way. Does anyone have a good picture or link to the injector washer/seals setup? Is there only the one dust oring up top and the copper washer below?

jav

well, reman head on the way. Does anyone have a good picture or link to the injector washer/seals setup? Is there only the one dust oring up top and the copper washer below?
what was the issue with old head? Did they find a defect that was unrepairable?

So I have a 843 with Perkins 4.154 that is pushing out coolant from the engine. The coolant passages is becoming pressurized from cylinder pressure, blowing the rad hose off the t-stat housing. also you can smell a sweet smell from the exhaust making me believe coolant is getting into a cylinder. Low on power when under load. The guy I bought it from said the head was redone and head gasket replaced. (he had the head gasket made because he couldn't find a new one) This could be a red flag! I've read lots about these heads having cracks (hoping the guys who re did head would have checked for cracks) so now the question, where to start troubleshooting. First question can anyone direct me to where I can get an adapter for the injector to compression test? Does anyone know how I can check if its the head, headgasket or cylinder wall before removing the head? Where's the best place to obtain parts? gaskets, injector washers, maybe a head? Read on this forum that a 1982 Mazda B2200 has the same head gasket? anyone know if this is correct? Thanks
I have head gaskets

Latest posts