Whining and creeping 763

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

teamt

Hey folks! New to the forum and now dealing with a poorly maintained bobcat 763 for light work on mother's horse stables. Dad took it on trade and didn't know much about its history. I am guessing mid-90's or earlier.

I rebuilt the front bucket cylinder last summer after it failed on him in the field. On to the next issue... the steering controls are loud and whining. I believe this symptom is not new. The unit creeps forward about a foot per minute when idling. If I am not careful and bump them, it will surge forward and kill the engine. The steering handles seem pretty sloppy. It sounds almost like a dry power steering pump although it seems to work reasonably well.

I've read through similar issues here but wonder if there a general rebuild you all recommend or a trouble shooting guide I should follow as a relative novice in hydraulic systems?

Dr.SidewayZ

Hey guys I'm new here and I make Tutorial videos on YouTube for our bobcats mostly 743b and similar variants. Here are a couple examples of videos that I've done.

How To Set Bobcat Creep in LESS Than 8 MINUTES

Bobcat Steering Bushings Replacement: A Step-by-Step Guide

How to rebuild Bobcat drive motor for less then $100

Just a couple examples hopefully someone finds some use for them and hopefully it helps someone out! I look forward to being on here more often and helping out in any way I can. Hope y'all have a good evening and rest of your week
-Mike

Perhaps if you want to rebuild your drive motors or do the bushings it's straight forward and the motors should be pretty close to these let me know if you have any questions
Best of luck

OP
OP
T

teamt

Perhaps if you want to rebuild your drive motors or do the bushings it's straight forward and the motors should be pretty close to these let me know if you have any questions
Best of luck
Thanks! just what I needed.