where to buy tires ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mistersweeper

Where can I buy INEXPENSIVE skid steer tires. 10 x 16.5 . Don't have to be high miler. About 8 ply would be plenty as the ones on it are 6 ply.

Iowa Dave

Nebraska Tire (or something like that--they are a farm coop in Nebraska that sell on ebay--do a google search) had BY FAR the best prices I could find on the last set I bought. I think they paid the shipping also.

harold duren

Walmart and Amazon sell new tires on line for around $160 each. Amazon includes free shipping. Hope this helps. Harold

wmodel1897

I find ebay my best source for skid steer tires. A lot cheaper than getting them at a tire shop. But you will have to take them to a tire shop to mount them. Unless you have the tools and expertise to do it yourself. You have to look at all of them to get the best deal

DonFruits

I have run across some foam pill tires with a bastard, hole, pattern and circle. I have been taking mine to the machine shop, cutting out the old centers which are extra heavy duty and putting new centers cut on a flame table and weld them back in with a three-quarter inch overlap on each side and the centers are stronger and thicker than the regular rims for a bobcat. These tires are 75% or better tread and they want a regular bobcat. Your total wheel width is 1/4 inch wider than stock I've been selling a set of four for $1500 that's if you paint the rims if you want me to paint them and I charge $200 more this reply was with talk to text so I'm sure you can figure it out. It kind of sucks sometimes.🤣😂😹

mibh1

i didn't love the price of solids but i do love not being stopped by punctures, slow leaks, and forcible dismounts (loss of bead). they make them in 12x16.5 but those weigh 130 pounds each whereas these are 100 pounds each -- about what i can handle. for added benefit, they weigh a lot more than the factory wheels, so it's a bit more stable on side slopes. example: