Where do you guys put your Auger bits?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mike763

I Have a 9" and a 12" bit and I Keep them in the back of my truck. I get tired of them rolling around all the time. I would also like to have them locked up some how so they don't get stollen. I was just curious what everybody else does with theirs?

sparky

I have old tires the I don,t use so I throw them in the back of the truck. Does,nt stop all rolling but reduces it alot. Mark...

perry

I have old tires the I don,t use so I throw them in the back of the truck. Does,nt stop all rolling but reduces it alot. Mark...
Not sure why you carry them around in the truck?, I take what I need for the job and the other augers are leaning up against trees in my backyard.

sterlclan

Not sure why you carry them around in the truck?, I take what I need for the job and the other augers are leaning up against trees in my backyard.
how about some pipe larger than the auger with a pin through the pipe and a lock on the end?

siduramaxde

how about some pipe larger than the auger with a pin through the pipe and a lock on the end?
On landscaping jobs we have to bring different size bits with us all the time. We just put them in the trailer and block them with wood. However, I have every intention of making a rack for them that lays flat and can be picked up with forks. I think I would make it so I could put the pin through the bit and rack so the bit stays put.

perry

On landscaping jobs we have to bring different size bits with us all the time. We just put them in the trailer and block them with wood. However, I have every intention of making a rack for them that lays flat and can be picked up with forks. I think I would make it so I could put the pin through the bit and rack so the bit stays put.
I have a flat bed F350 and just use the old reliable tension straps or chain binders for any extra attachments. I like the idea of steel cylinders, great way to store augers and easy to hook up.