wheel motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skiddy

Can someone tell me the model number of the wheel motors on a 642B? I am not sure but I think they are char lynn . both tags are gone on mine and I need to look for a parts source. Thanks

OldMachinist

Skiddy - contact http://www.loaderpartssource.com/ they will know what you need.
Hopefully they aren't bobcats own branded motors, parts for them aren't so easy to locate.
In the component repair manual you asked about before it give four different numbers for the 642 . The numbers are 109-1052-004, 109-1052-005 and 109-1052-006. The 109-1173-006 splined shaft model was used on serial number 13941 and above. The other ones don't have serial number break outs. The 004 and 005 models look the same and the 006 has a different front cover design. All are Char Lynn.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/004005motor.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/006motor.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/splinedshaftmotor.jpg

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

In the component repair manual you asked about before it give four different numbers for the 642 . The numbers are 109-1052-004, 109-1052-005 and 109-1052-006. The 109-1173-006 splined shaft model was used on serial number 13941 and above. The other ones don't have serial number break outs. The 004 and 005 models look the same and the 006 has a different front cover design. All are Char Lynn.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/004005motor.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/006motor.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg49/calfranch/Bobcat/WheelMotors/splinedshaftmotor.jpg
Thank you!

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

Thank you!
well I tore them both down and one was in real good shape but the other one is toast. 3 of the splines inside the output shaft are gone 1 spline on the mid shaft is gone and all this debris collected in the inner bearing. it ate up the cage and ground into the front cover. bobcat wants 593 bucks for the output shaft and bearing and 193 bucks for the mid shaft. we we'll se what the dude in Michigan can do.

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

well I tore them both down and one was in real good shape but the other one is toast. 3 of the splines inside the output shaft are gone 1 spline on the mid shaft is gone and all this debris collected in the inner bearing. it ate up the cage and ground into the front cover. bobcat wants 593 bucks for the output shaft and bearing and 193 bucks for the mid shaft. we we'll se what the dude in Michigan can do.
Geesh my spelling is horrible! I rekitted the good one and had a hell of a time figuring out what bobcat was talking about on the timing of the motor. Tell me if this is correct please. I line up the largest opening in the geroler with an opening on the valve plate then set the valve to line up with the valve plate opening and turn the valve clockwise till it engages a spline 1/2 tooth................. correct? and I do have the case drain ports lined up.

OldMachinist

Geesh my spelling is horrible! I rekitted the good one and had a hell of a time figuring out what bobcat was talking about on the timing of the motor. Tell me if this is correct please. I line up the largest opening in the geroler with an opening on the valve plate then set the valve to line up with the valve plate opening and turn the valve clockwise till it engages a spline 1/2 tooth................. correct? and I do have the case drain ports lined up.
Here you go.
TimingMotor.jpg picture by calfranch

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

yeah OM thats the one I have. I am pretty sure I got it correct. I just thought they could have worded the dammed thing a whole lot simpler than they did. Thanks
Holy moly ....I now think that the hydraulic industry is a frigging scam area. We have a guy on here selling rebuilt wheel motors for 1100 bucks and today I got a quote from 1 Charlynn dealer at 853 bucks for a brand new motor an then another callback saying that he could supply the charlynn wheel motor for 621.53 brand spankin new! what the hell is up with this crap? bobcat wants like 3258 for the dammed thing????? WTF?

m610

Holy moly ....I now think that the hydraulic industry is a frigging scam area. We have a guy on here selling rebuilt wheel motors for 1100 bucks and today I got a quote from 1 Charlynn dealer at 853 bucks for a brand new motor an then another callback saying that he could supply the charlynn wheel motor for 621.53 brand spankin new! what the hell is up with this crap? bobcat wants like 3258 for the dammed thing????? WTF?
A Bobcat dealer is the last resort for any part. If you think the hydraulic industry is bad, just check out the diesel service industry. Those people are the ultimate rip-off artists. Fortunately I solved my problem with a mini-lathe and a mini-mill and fixed the Bosch pumps myself. Just need some cheap Chinese stuff to usurp the monopoly scam artists have on hydraulic parts.

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

A Bobcat dealer is the last resort for any part. If you think the hydraulic industry is bad, just check out the diesel service industry. Those people are the ultimate rip-off artists. Fortunately I solved my problem with a mini-lathe and a mini-mill and fixed the Bosch pumps myself. Just need some cheap Chinese stuff to usurp the monopoly scam artists have on hydraulic parts.
yeah but WTF?

Tazza

Staff member
yeah but WTF?
On the parts that turn over quickly they can make the price reasonable, other items that may sit on the shelf for years they have to make a good profit. They have say a fly wheel sitting on the shelf, it hasn't moved in 3 years, its using up valuable space that another item could be using. I understand their reasoning.
With that said, my local dealer is a thief. I get my parts off another dealer for close to half of what they charge!
When i needed parts for my main pump, i almost died when i got a price. I felt sick! rotating groups alone were going to set me back $5,200 from my local guy. I ended up paying about $1,200 for 2 rotating groups, all new bearings and a seal kit, including the hydraulic pump seal kit. This is perfect when the parts are not dealer specific. These were for a Sauer Sunstrand pump, so parts are not dealer only. Things like the control block is made by a third party for Bobcat, so parts are not available elsewhere. Same with one set of drive motors they made, seals are available, gerolers are not.
Kubota engine parts are available after market too, same quality but a fraction of the price.
I have to hand it to Bobcat though, i know the prices on some items aren't pretty, but a lot are. Hoses, shrouds, decals, all the little bits are still available and most are a respectable price. Especially filters, they turn over so fast they are cheap.
I know some will hate me for saying this, but hey its what i have learned over the years. You may agree, you may not too.

OP
OP
S

Skiddy

On the parts that turn over quickly they can make the price reasonable, other items that may sit on the shelf for years they have to make a good profit. They have say a fly wheel sitting on the shelf, it hasn't moved in 3 years, its using up valuable space that another item could be using. I understand their reasoning.
With that said, my local dealer is a thief. I get my parts off another dealer for close to half of what they charge!
When i needed parts for my main pump, i almost died when i got a price. I felt sick! rotating groups alone were going to set me back $5,200 from my local guy. I ended up paying about $1,200 for 2 rotating groups, all new bearings and a seal kit, including the hydraulic pump seal kit. This is perfect when the parts are not dealer specific. These were for a Sauer Sunstrand pump, so parts are not dealer only. Things like the control block is made by a third party for Bobcat, so parts are not available elsewhere. Same with one set of drive motors they made, seals are available, gerolers are not.
Kubota engine parts are available after market too, same quality but a fraction of the price.
I have to hand it to Bobcat though, i know the prices on some items aren't pretty, but a lot are. Hoses, shrouds, decals, all the little bits are still available and most are a respectable price. Especially filters, they turn over so fast they are cheap.
I know some will hate me for saying this, but hey its what i have learned over the years. You may agree, you may not too.
I agree completely Taz some stuf is shockingly low priced.

skidsteer.ca

I agree completely Taz some stuf is shockingly low priced.
Yes , you just have to ask to know, it's a scary thought some times, like 2300 US for a hydraulic control valve with 3 spools. But if you don't ask you don't know what to pay for aftermarket either.
Ken

antoeknee

Hi Skiddy, Could you let me know where you found cheapest for this motor, I now need the same motor. 109-1052-006 109-1052-004 109-1052-005 Many Thanks Antony

langoley

Hi Skiddy, Could you let me know where you found cheapest for this motor, I now need the same motor. 109-1052-006 109-1052-004 109-1052-005 Many Thanks Antony
I guess I need to pull the motors off my "burnt "642 and see what part #'s they are!! If anybody is interested in them let me know.It is a late model,I do know that.