Wheel looks out too far on my 863F

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stonehands

Hello everyone. Been a while since I have been on, to post a question. I just noticed today while moving round bales that I have one wheel out farther than the one in front of it by what looks like a quite a bit. Just noticed it while checking tires and standing in back of the unit, the left rear tire is out farther than the left front tire. On the right side, the R side rear looks to be a little in further then the tire in front of it. I would have noticed this before as I do walk around checking tires and fluids before I use my girl every time. Am I seeing things or is it possible for one wheel to be out more than the other side? Then the question to be answered is How, and Why and what kind of fix. I have the parts manual and Shop manual so I am looking into both for ideas. Be safe everyone and have a Happy New Year.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

I wonder if you have different offset wheels or if the tires got mounted backwards
Thank you for the response farmshop. I don't believe I have offset as I would have noticed it before as it somewhat stands out. As for tires getting mounted backward, that is an interesting question. Reason saying that is I had this specific tire off and a tube put in due to puncture just a couple of weeks ago and it was following day of putting wheel back on I noticed it. AND,, it is that same time. Didn't even think of that till you mentioned it. I will check it out and report back. Thank you again.

farmshop

Thank you for the response farmshop. I don't believe I have offset as I would have noticed it before as it somewhat stands out. As for tires getting mounted backward, that is an interesting question. Reason saying that is I had this specific tire off and a tube put in due to puncture just a couple of weeks ago and it was following day of putting wheel back on I noticed it. AND,, it is that same time. Didn't even think of that till you mentioned it. I will check it out and report back. Thank you again.
For the wheel to be out the retaining bolt inside would have to be gone if you jack it up it would move in and out if this was the case

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

For the wheel to be out the retaining bolt inside would have to be gone if you jack it up it would move in and out if this was the case
Jacking up tomorrow to verify one way or the other Farmshop. Again my thanks.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

After so many times in situations like this, I overlook the simple and most obvious and fear something much worse. I had that tire off for a repair and put it on backwards. Flipped it around this weekend and its just fine. I will try to remember to look for the obvious and simplest causes first. Thank you farmshop.

farmshop

After so many times in situations like this, I overlook the simple and most obvious and fear something much worse. I had that tire off for a repair and put it on backwards. Flipped it around this weekend and its just fine. I will try to remember to look for the obvious and simplest causes first. Thank you farmshop.
Cheap and simple fixes are always a pleasant surprise