What brands of pallet forks are OK?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

http://cgi.ebay.com/48-inch-Skid-Steer-Pallet-forks-Best-quality-ebay-/280446409362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414be89a92 ------ Saw these on ebay. I sure don't know how to tell from the description if the forks are any good or not. I am currently using a set I made. Got the 36" forks from a flea market and built the frame. Work just fine, except they're too short. I move all my firewood via pallets, and the way I modify the pallets, I need to fork them longways, instead of the std 42" side-to-side method. So I really need 48" forks. Been looking for a year at auctions, etc. I'm ready to buy a new set on ebay, and need some guidance. I haven't yet priced the Bobcat OEM stuff. :) ---RC

Hi Bobbie-g You can call me @ 866-859-4333 We have 48" forks and frame that have 3500lb lift cap. With a 1 year warranty. We may have a dealer near you. Thanks Michael

frogfarmer

You can make fork extensions from channel iron and use your existing forks. Fork extensions can also be bought if OSHA compliance is a concern.

Tazza

Staff member
You can make fork extensions from channel iron and use your existing forks. Fork extensions can also be bought if OSHA compliance is a concern.
I believe you can buy longer tynes too? the extensions are called slippers over here, i have seen them made from rectangular steel tube too, just cut a V in the end and close up the gap to give you a point. They worked very well.