Wear bars for bobcat bucket?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Richard57

I recently bought a 2004 T300, my question is where can I find a replacement wear bar for the bucket. There are 8 mounting holes 10 and 3/4" apart.Bucket is 78"wide. Any suggestions would be helpful.
IMG_20230711_133957.jpg

foton

you can buy cutting edges by the foot , trim to fit ,blow the holes out with a cutting torch or weld it on. There is a company called Vevor they sell chinese edges pretty cheap if you dont mind the CCP. But I priced awhile back edges from bobcat and they really were not that bad.

mrbb

ebay /facebook market place all sells cutting edges, as do about any online store that sells skid steer attachments, (do a simple search for skid steer bucket cutting edges and there should be no shortage of sites to view them on) and there called cutting edges, by most, wear bars can be more the wear bars on the bottom side of the bucket, that are there to wear out so you don;'t wear the bucket's skin
I gather however, , pending where your located they get called different names,
, but something to consider when looking online, in my experience, more will come up using cutting edge as the search for them!

they come in all sorts of materials, from mild steel to better grade AR 400-500, you will pay more for the better steel one's
and they also come in different thickness(1/2-3/4 are most common in my area, and what I tend to stick with , larger the machine the thicker I prefer, and the harder steel versions, ) and they also come in different lengths of cutting edge, most common are typically 4 inch 6 inch , or 8"
and IMO< you do sort of get what you pay for in quality of the steel used, , saving a few bucks to buy lesser steel,(or thinner shorter edges) is maybe OK if your a home owner and don;'t use machine much, but if your on the job, in the long run the higher costing better steel lasts longer, and is better savings, than having to replace again sooner with down time, and all the more so if a weld on one is done!, IMO!
and are you sure your bucket is a BOBCAT branded bucket(should have a tag stating it is ) < as you might want to confirm before buying any, , or make sure you check bolt spacing good, as many aftermarket will claim there for"X" brand machine bucket, and thinsg can be off if not 100% OEM bucket replacement!

when you look at them on web sites most list hole spacing too, if, your trying to find a direct bolt on one!, you just have to look at spec's

here is an example of one on EBAY it has measurements for hole spacing

and they also make and sell reversible cutting edges, you can flip as you wear one side off,

mrbb

I did a quick look on bobcats site, they don't list any cutting edges for a 78 inch bucket,(minus there 80 inch combination bucket) so, you may have an aftermarket bucket ??
see below link for bobcats site to cutting edges!

TonyCT322

I recently purchased on from the manufacturer of my after market bucket. Buy local if you can. Shipping was $150.00. Almost half the cost of the bar. They included all hardware (nuts and bolts) and it was a perfect fit. I used a floor jack to lift it in place and bolt it on. Less than a 30 minute job as everything lined up.

mrbb

there are 3 solution's here for you,
one is is to either look up cutting edges from as may makers as you can and see spec's on bolt spacing, till you find one that matches your bucket,
this can be time consuming s there are tons of bucket makers with brand names and then some without brand names, that all may have different bolt spacing (think of each skid steer maker, then go into aftermarket makers, and its a bunch of web sites to go thru, and I an sure some bucket makers won't even have web sites)

option # two, have a welder or someone with skills and torch/drill, to cut new holes in bucket, to match what ever wear bar you buy,

or # 3, just buy a weld on cutting edge, have welded on and your good to go again!

Latest posts