Water well drilling?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Anyone seen a skid steer attachmemt for drilling water wells?, I ask this because the water table aroung here is shallow 50-100 ft.. My next door neighbor has a spring comming up on his property.
I looked at a portable well drill that uses the same engine as a post hole digger and I was thinking a hi-torque hydraulic motor would work perfectly on my 853.

skidsteer.ca

There have been some local guys who have done this with a standard auger and several extensions made from what ever was on the steel rack. In the best senario the fellow also had a large excavator which he used to extract the auger to save repeatedly tear down and assembly. I've never seen it in person, but I can't see why it would not work.
Ken

m610

There have been some local guys who have done this with a standard auger and several extensions made from what ever was on the steel rack. In the best senario the fellow also had a large excavator which he used to extract the auger to save repeatedly tear down and assembly. I've never seen it in person, but I can't see why it would not work.
Ken
I did this myself with an auger. The only modification I used was pipe for the drilling stem and a swivel fitting for pumping water to the bit. The hole was 25 feet sand then rock, so I dumped bentonine clay inside to prevent hole collapse. Once the water level drops you have to hurry up and remove the drill stem and insert casing, I cheated by building a wooden tripod and using an electric winch to remove 25 feet and break it down on the ground. With a little ingenuity I know I could build a good rig for a skid steer. We went 120 feet in total.